Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for information on WHV for Oz

Options
  • 17-03-2010 7:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

I'm looking to go to Oz next year on a WHV. I'm a 20 year old student just after completing an animal management course and have been working part time in a large pet store for the last year. However, I feel that I'm just working to pay rent and thats it. I'd much rather do it somewhere else and experience a little more while I can. I've heard of people going to Australia on working holidays and it sounds like something I'd really love to do. However I can't find any more information other than what's lined out on the official Australian immigration website. Does anyone know of anywhere I can find some more information regarding travelling to Australia - first hand experience, things to do before you apply/go, etc.?

If anyone could help, I'd really appreciate it. Cheers!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Just read the threads here mate ! Have a search

All you need really is this visa
    http://www.immi.gov.au/visitors/working-holiday/417/index.htm

You can apply through that site, it costs about E150 I think

You're also supposed to have about $5000 AUD to support yourself

Then you book your flights and off ya go :)

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭jack in the box

Dave summed it up really. Scan your passport, get references prepared, CV updated, save money:(, and just count down the days. Theres no point sorting out accommadation/bank account until you get there. Thats it..

Anyway dont think about it for too long just do it(or you mighten do it at all),get your VISA first and your flying. Oh just to let you no you have to use your visa up within 12months from the date it was accepted, so dont apply too early ie.13 months before you want to go.

Best of luck

Advertisement