Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some information needed please :)

Options
  • 17-03-2010 8:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,227 ✭✭✭

Ok,

I have a few questions that I hope somebody here can answer for me.

1. As a mature student I realise that this year the grant is no longer going to be available for people receiving BTEA and vice versa. As the grant would look after the college fees if I was to go on BTEA will I have to pay these fees?

2. Do all colleges accept late CAO applications ie. May 1st? The colleges Im looking at are : UCC, CIT, LIT, WIT, UL

3. Are there hidden costs involved in going back to college apart from the usual books and materials etc?

4. In applying for BTEA do they take the preceding 9 months employment record into account or do they base it over the year, What i mean is: I was made redundant in Oct 08. I signed on from then and received a temp contract from Revenue in Oct 09 to Dec 09 and again for 3 weeks in Jan 10. So in my case come Sept 10 I will not have had exactly 9 months unemployent in a row..

Thanks for any help in advance>

Darragh

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,395 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

1) No your fees are also covered if you apply for BTEA.

2) As far as I know all colleges accept the late applications but you will obviously not be eligable for the courses that require an entry exam.

3) Not really but something will most likely pop up so probably best to have a small amount to cover these things just in case.

4) I think you only need to be unemployed for 3 months to be considered for BTEA.

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭Laydee

Mature access to nursing & midwifery do not accept late applications for any university.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,227 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

thanks for the replies.

Advertisement