Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

R152 approach to Kilmoon cross N2...Disgrace

Options
  • 17-03-2010 8:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭

This road is sooooo dangerous. It's been in a state for years but after the recent cold spell especially many parts of the road are in extremely bad shape. I have to use this road most days for work and it really pisses me off having to pay 640 Euros road tax for this **** ::mad:

Borrowed this from youtube .....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭chewed

That looks like most R roads in Meath at the moment.

Why oh why can they not build these busy roads properly from the very start?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭gipi

Agreed, Fingers, that bit of road was bad enough to begin with, but since winter, it's lethal.

I travelled it by motorbike last weekend, and nearly got off and walked!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Fingers Mcginty

Saw a sign today on the way to work indicating road will be closed ...missed the dates...think it's starting next week. Happy days looks like they're finally going to resurface. It's been a long time comming. :D

Yep, looks like Meath CoCo read boards.ie! Road closed this week for repairs, hope they do as good a job at the Kilmoon X end as they did at the other end of the road before the car rally last summer!!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,411 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Cycled down that road recently. Sweet mother of Jesus never again. It's a racing bike with pretty much zero suspension. I was walking like John Wayne for the next few days. The road is an absolute disgrace.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

The road is closed for resurfacing... hopefully this part is covered.

I was walking like John Wayne for the next few days.
    :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭Zorba

This road was closed again this week for "emergency work" has anyone been on it to see if they actually fixed the worse part around Kilmoon Cross ?

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭Stillnotworking

Was down there today, from the bar to the N2 has been repaired and resurfaced. There is still a lunar landscape for about a km from the bar toward Duleek.

I know the bit you're on about. Pity they didn't tackle that also...ah well the worst part is done...can live with that. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bitemybanger

I know the bit you're on about. Pity they didn't tackle that also...ah well the worst part is done...can live with that. :)

I may not travel that road often but we as motorists should not have to settle for a compromise, we pay enough in out taxes to never have to worry about the surface of a road, its very Irish and unacceptable to say "Ah, sure that'll do"
    Not a rant at you buy the way, just the powers that reign:pac:

• Moderators Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭LFCFan

I took that vid for potholes.ie and as much as it's great they fixed the Kilmoon X area, the fact that they closed off the road and then didn't fix the rest of it beggars belief. I have information from one of potholes.ie users about some severe damage to their car from that bad spot before the graveyard. Will hopefully be updating the site with this information including images soon.

Ok I totally agree lads. I was on hols last week and back to work this morning...couldn't believe how bad that stretch of the road is now. I wondered why the cars ahead of me were swerving onto the other side of the road. As I approached the reason became apparent. :mad:

They've finally completed the bad section :D:D Happy days!!

I travelled this road today (on 2 wheels again from Kilmoon Cross towards Duleek) and was looking forward to a beautiful road surface.....delighted to see that they fixed the lunar crater section, but there's still one area that hasn't been touched. It's still quite bad going in the direction of Duleek, the centre of the left side of the road is badly scarred - do we have to wait until next year for this bit to be done?

Advertisement