Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alcoholic Drinks

Options
  • 17-03-2010 8:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭

i'm heading out tonight and not sure what drinks are acceptable. i read somewhere that guiness and bulmers can't be drank! Anything else that's a popular drink and can't be drank?

Comments

Bulmers website says it's suitable for vegans!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

Bulmers website says it's suitable for vegans!

I thought it was only their pear cider that was suitable for vegans not the apple cider

My apologies. I went onto the FAQ's of bulmers.ie and came up with that answer, but you are infact correct, I did not realise it had brought me to the pear section. Sorry :o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

As mentioned in our super sticky of info, this website lists all the info: http://barnivore.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

Guinness
    Murphy's
    Bulmers
    Carling
    Fosters
    Wkd Blue
    Stella Artois

off the top of my head definitely not suitable.

Do a google on it. Plenty of sites.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I would be wary of some drinks, many are brewed under licence so recipies and techinques can change all the time, there is no ingredients labels needed for alcohol which causes further problems. With spirits they could be cleared prior to distillation, no solids pass over during distillation so there is not even a trace of anything used left over -a ignorant distiller could presume this means it is vegan. I see the sample letters on that site cover this to some degree, many places will use externally sourced alcohol in their drinks, like liquer makers might not actually be distillers -in these cases they could change suppliers at any time.
    Heineken: Vegan FriendlyHeineken
    URL: http://www.heineken.com/
    Checked by: Damian
    Double Checked by: Rick, Bilby
    Added: over 3 years ago
    Last updated: 2 months ago

Products

Heineken -Australia & New Zealand Vegan Friendly
    Heineken -USA Vegan Friendly

Company email:
    Thank you for your recent email message. We appreciate you taking time to contact us regarding our company and our products. There are no animal products used in the beer as ingredients, nor are they used in the filtration process. Heineken can be considered Vegan friendly."

Email 2:
    Thank you for your recent email message. We appreciate you taking time to contact us regarding our company and our products. There are no animal products used in the beer as ingredients, nor are they used in the filtration process. Heineken can be considered Vegan friendly.

Company Email:
    "Additionally, the following foreign are produced under licence by LNA (Australia & New Zealand):
    Heineken."
    No mention of Irish heineken, all cans & bottles are from holland but draft heineken is brewed under licence in cork.

Advertisement