Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garmin nuvi 1210(t)

Options
  • 17-03-2010 8:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭

ive purchased this above and am trying to get the first free upgrade that comes with it but it wont download to my computer, It keeps coming up that there is not enough space on it but have deleted loads of stuff that i rearly use and still the same.

Anybody have the same issues with this that might be able to help??

all advice appreciated

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

The simple option to to add a Micro SD card to give you more memory.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭sesswhat

In windows explorer, right-click on the drive containing your downloads folder and choose Properties. This will tell you how much free space is available.

You may need up to 4GB to download and run the update files.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭Dreamtime

thanks for that guys got that bit fixed iam now having trouble extracting them when they download.

The extraction starts auto when it downloads but just after half way(60%) it closes down on me.

anyone any ideas ?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,524 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

You need lots of free space. Around 4 gigs for the download, 4 gigs for the decompression, and then another 4 gigs for the install. Once it's installed, it will take up less than 4Gb of space, but to get it installed....Start deleting those movies. :)

man thats alot of space i dont think i can make any more space do i need to get memory for com ?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

I would recommend you get a 8gb card. That will give you load of options.
    Any phone shop etc sells these. Maybe bring you device with you to make sure you get the right one.

ok i thought the problem was with the computer ? because it wont extract them.

Is it a card for com or sat nav

If you have a card with enough space it should download & install in one go.

ok but what do i get the card for ?

There is not enough memory on your device.
    The card gives you more memory to store your maps.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭sesswhat

Dreamtime wrote: »
    thanks for that guys got that bit fixed iam now having trouble extracting them when they download.

The extraction starts auto when it downloads but just after half way(60%) it closes down on me.

anyone any ideas ?

If you have enough hard drive space at this stage, you can try the method described here to manually extract the files.

I think Koolkid is referring to problems people are having in the last stage of the process, while transferring their maps to their satnav. The new map versions are sometimes too big for the unit's built-in memory. If this is the case you should get a warning message to that effect before the transfer is attempted.

If the maps are too big, then one way around this is to put a suitable memory card into the unit and transfer the maps here instead. The card will show as a separate drive in the drop-down list.

Another way is to choose which maps you want to transfer to the unit, in other words only those you will need. The rest can be stored on your computer and transferred later if needed.

Advertisement