Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC Analogue - Living Channel

• 17-03-2010 9:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭

Anyone else notice that Living Channel has gone AWOL for the last few weeks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Typhoon.

Yeah and the sound on TG4 is crap

I must ring em tomorrow

:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

Typhoon. wrote: »
    Yeah and the sound on TG4 is crap

I must ring em tomorrow

:(

I refuse to ring em anymore, and go through the 'long stand' so ta speak, will email them instead. Least I can tell em it's not just me.....its YOU people.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭Mysterious&Shy

Mine has been fine.

I find that if you keep pressing "0" once they start talking, it goes straight through to an agent :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 533 ✭✭✭baronflyguy

danjo-xx wrote: »
    I refuse to ring em anymore, and go through the 'long stand' so ta speak, will email them instead. Least I can tell em it's not just me.....its YOU people.:mad:
    Well I'm leaving NTL and moving to SKY. It was when I got the notification that they are hiking up the cost that prompted me to do it.

I'll keep the NTL broadband.

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭Mysterious&Shy

Honestly, Sky was just as bad when we had it - I find NTL better tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 107 ✭✭littlecat

+1 on the TG4 sound, still have Living though. And I know this is dark ages stuff but has anyone else's video channel (as in VCR) disappeared? Two relations of mine in different parts of the town just have two vertical white lines on a black screen and no amount of retuning will sort it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Cheers for reminding me why I bought a FTA kit :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

got rid fo sky a whle back to get NThell instead. Ran back to sky with our tails between our legs. Good god nthell is brutal. never had any problems with sky.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 533 ✭✭✭baronflyguy

I just have NTL analogue at the moment and have sent in my cancellation written notice a few weeks ago because i thought the price I'm paying for NTL analogue is crap value for the amount of channels I'm getting so I decided I should really flick to Digital.
    I was gonna go with NTL digital until I asked around at work and EVERYONE i talked to (about 6) who had NTL digital in the past said it was crap and unstable. They all moved over to SKY+ and they find it brilliant and very stable and competitive pricing compared to NTL.
    So I am going by my friends opinions.
    I would believe Sky may be bad in other parts of Ireland but it seems to be good in Waterford City.

Rang them today, chap took the details and said he'd transfer it to the relevant department

he was sound, and helpful, but i was on hold for a good while

said it could take 48 hours to sort

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 767 ✭✭✭Odats

Mother rang them as have analogue in the kitchen and girl in cs tried to convince her that you don't pay for the analogue only the digital and that she was stealing the analogue signal in no uncertain fashion. Mother went ape at her as the signal is pure sh1te. Everything seems to be a charge with them. Wanted to upgrade to digital plus with max package to get free ESPN as already paying for it as an extra plus would get more channels but cs told me it would be €15 to cancel it. €110 per month isn't worth it. BB apart from tonight where it is speeding barely gets over 500kbps and I'm on the ultra package 20mb line.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Dum_Dum

Seems to be the unwritten policy at UPC to get rid of the 'difficult to monitor' analogue signal.

And why do people assume Sky is the only alternative? Most mainstream channels coming from the Astra 2 satellites are free and unencrypted. Additionally, RTE will broadcast (free) via digital terrestrial imminently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

If you had those problems with Sky then it was a problem at your end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

Minstrel27 wrote: »
    If you had those problems with Sky then it was a problem at your end.

ye i would agree, if there is the chance that it is skys problem they will try there best to fix it straight away.

only problem i had in the 3 years im with them was a few months back when barcelona were playing real madrid, the match was only available by pressing the interactive button on sky sports 1 but people like myself who only have sky sports 1 on there package rather than all the sky sports had trouble getting the game so i rang up and there and then they fixed it and because of the hassle they gave free sky sports for a month!

had a missed call from NTl today..prob ringin me to check th stations

My channels are all grand now :D

TG4 sound is back but Living is still awol:(

Living is still gone.....they just don't give a ****:mad:

They should re-brand under the title, "THE UNBELIEVEABLES" having told them it wasn't just me that had no Living channel (10 days ago)

.....on Friday they tell me they have booked a service call for me (which I didn't request) for next Monday and on Saturday Living channel was back in all its glory:)

It won't last long it never does or some other channel will go awol now.... at least their reliable in that way:D

Advertisement