Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Teaching English in South America

Options
  • 17-03-2010 9:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭

Hi folks,
    I recently got a teaching English as a foreign language qualification and i'm planning on going to South America (possibly Argentina but could go anywhere) and get a job as an English teacher. Can anyone recommend a school / language institute that they worked in?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭v.e.r.b.a.l

can't help with any specifics I'm afraid, but if Argentina doesn't work out, Ecuador (especially Quito) seemed by far the most popular place to teach English. 'tis another option!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭RATM

Likewise I cant help with specifics. But I do remember that there were people in my hostel in B.A. having difficulty getting language school work.
    That's not to say you can't find any more so that there are a lot of people with the same idea as you and supply can outstrip demand. It is still possible to offer private grinds but will take a lot of legwork (advertising, business cards, etc) on your behalf.

On the other side I remember traveling to Bogota overland with an American lad a few years ago. He plan was to settle there for a bit and teach english. We stayed in the same hostel and within 3 days he had a 30 hour a week job and an apartment to live in. Maybe he got very lucky, Im not sure but he must like it as that was 6 years ago and he is still there to this day.

Advertisement