Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LED torch suggestions

Options
  • 17-03-2010 9:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭

If anyone could suggest an led torch to be used mainly for night hiking and also taking the following into account:
    • No more than €30
    • Not a headtorch
    • Preferably AA batteries although AAA should be ok
    • At least water resistant
    • Bright beam with long range capabilities
    Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭Mitch Buchannon

If anyone could suggest an led torch to be used mainly for night hiking and also taking the following into account:
    • No more than €30
    • Not a headtorch
    • Preferably AA batteries although AAA should be ok
    • At least water resistant
    • Bright beam with long range capabilities
    Thanks in advance

There is a fantastic company in the UK called Alpkit. They do a very well regarded headtorch called the gamma. It satisfies all your criteria and its only GBP12.00 !!
    http://www.alpkit.com/shop/cart.php?target=product&product_id=16345&category_id=25

I have bought stuff from them in the past and they are a pleasure to deal with.

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭BoardsRanger

There is a fantastic company in the UK called Alpkit. They do a very well regarded headtorch called the gamma. It satisfies all your criteria and its only GBP12.00 !!
    http://www.alpkit.com/shop/cart.php?target=product&product_id=16345&category_id=25

I have bought stuff from them in the past and they are a pleasure to deal with.

Thanks for the suggestion, but as already pointed out- i was looking for a handheld torch.
    bedlam wrote: »

if you could stretch €5 more, you could get an older 4Sevens Quark AA (free shipping).
    Never mind, didn't notice they are all gone, you'd have to go with the newer versions which are 40euro, so that idea is out.

All but one. Not a headtorch :)

Thats just about perfect bedlam. I will order it tonight when i get home. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭Mitch Buchannon

Sorry yeah.. I read hiking at night and thought of head torch straight away. I didnt think anyone hiked at night with a hand torch now.... Sorry, my bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Takeshi_Kovacs

If you can stretch for a 4sevens Quark, then you wont be disappointed. I recently got one, and am very happy with it, well built, very bright light. 10 year guarantee with it so you should have no problems.

If not you can also have a look at Eagletac range of led lights, they are pretty good value as well, and get good reports back.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,261 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I know this is a bit over your price range but its water resistent and extremely bright, you won't get a torch this good for this price anywhere else i think. 10 year warranty on them too!

http://cgi.ebay.ie/PRINCETON-TEC-APEX-3-WATT-LED-HEADLAMP-130-LUMENS-NEW_W0QQitemZ330415154403QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item4cee4724e3

• Advertisement
Advertisement