Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

opel calibra

• 17-03-2010 9:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,676 ✭✭✭

Are these cars just junkers now or is it possible to find a good one in the U.K?
    What kind of look would you get if you were seen driving one?

The last time I saw one was about 2 years ago with a Eastern european looking man driving the snot out of it with the back bumper hanging off.
    Big enough coupe, pitty it's front wheel drive though... I would fancy one as an A-B runabout so I can sell off the 1.3 lancer I have been using for work the past 3 years.

Thanks

[IMG][/img]calibra_w500.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭Absurdum

they were always junk :P

the 2.0 turbo was 4 wheel drive though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭E39MSport

Theres 46 of them on pistonheads.

edit: u might be able to cobble a decent one between that lot ... hehe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,676 ✭✭✭mondeo

Absurdum wrote: »
    they were always junk :P

the 2.0 turbo was 4 wheel drive though

I know theres a complicated 4x4 model with dodgy gearbox's, not the model I am interested in though... Use to be a modified white one around the D.24 area in the 90's. Was a nice looking yoke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 645 ✭✭✭kazul

Get a Ford Cougar instead

4th generation Honda Prelude (91-96) is/was a waaaay better car imo

• Advertisement

4th generation Honda Prelude (91-96) is/was a waaaay better car imo

yum yum. H22A. Stay away from the 4WS though. 4800 rpm here I come.

E39MSport wrote: »
    yum yum. H22A. Stay away from the 4WS though. 4800 rpm here I come.

true, the BB4 chassis was the non-4ws Si-VTEC model, they are great cars, probably hard to find a decent one nowadays though, I had one for a few years, very fast and comfortable

Right so I'll stuff the calibra if it's that bad. Ford cougar I don't like them. Prelude will be a swine on road tax. As it is I am taxing a 2L Volvo, 2.2L prelude alongside the Volvo would cripple me and besides I don't like them anyway. i just fancy something differant as my runabout car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 645 ✭✭✭kazul

Mazda 323f 1.8gt 94-98
    A few nicely specced UK ones came in over the last couple of years. A 1.5 would be even better for tax but not as much fun

true, the BB4 chassis was the non-4ws Si-VTEC model, they are great cars, probably hard to find a decent one nowadays though, I had one for a few years, very fast and comfortable
    Had one meself. Great nick too. Brilliant brilliant car. Sold it for 6k when I didn't have the wherewithall to hang on to it. Bad move.
    You'd probably be able to pick one up on hondarevolutions classifieds.

Oh no, I have that urge again ....;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭BrianD3

Peugeot 406 Coupe?

BrianD3 wrote: »
    Peugeot 406 Coupe?

Yes I like them, thanks lad I will go see a few....forgot about them actually:D

E39MSport wrote: »
    Had one meself. Great nick too. Brilliant brilliant car. Sold it for 6k when I didn't have the wherewithall to hang on to it. Bad move.
    You'd probably be able to pick one up on hondarevolutions classifieds.

Oh no, I have that urge again ....;)

I feel your pain! Mine had something like 260,000 kms on it when I sold it, never gave me an ounce of trouble either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

kazul wrote: »
    Get a Ford Cougar instead

dear god no!!!!!

i would rather walk.... possibley fords worst car ever sold over here.....

such a sahme considering th puma :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,297 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

robtri wrote: »
    dear god no!!!!!

i would rather walk.... possibley fords worst car ever sold over here.....

such a sahme considering th puma :(

Na, the Cougar wasn't really bad, the Probe was way worse. The problem with the Cougar was that it was American and nowhere near as good to drive as European Fords.

OP, have a look out for one of these beauties:

http://www.driving.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carID=201008197027089

http://www.driving.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carID=200951196200239

http://www.pistonheads.com/SALES/1471815.htm

OP I know you said u don't like'm but check this out (is posted on honda evolutions so enthusiasts car). I think they're awesome. 4ws though.

oooohhhh, honda accord coupe
    http://pistonheads.com/classifieds/1549396.htm

Jebus, I might buy that Lude myself.

I'd definitely be in the loony bin category though. Driving the starlet for the most part with an 8 series and an Amazon taxed at home doin nothing.
    I fcukin love the Prelude though.

Sold - shyte.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,521 ✭✭✭✭Esel

mondeo wrote: »
    ... 2.2L Prelude alongside the Volvo would cripple me ...
    THey do come in 2L as well.... even though you don't like them! :D

Not your ornery onager

Advertisement