Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tyre advice for Audi Q7 265/50 R19 please?

• 17-03-2010 10:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭

Well a set of Continental Cross Contact UHP look to have lasted about 15k miles (rotated twice) and I was wondering if anyone had any advice on some better lasting and quieter alternatives please?

Goodyear Eagle F1 SUV come out cheapest by far but I'm unsure of their wear reliability?

Next up are Pirelli Scorpion Asymmetrico but these are M+S. So will they be noisy and quick to wear?

Then the Bridgestone and Contis are around the same price.

I couldn't find this size in many alternatives.

Does anyone have any advice please before I spend a grand?

Many thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭bmstuff

ashleey wrote: »
    Well a set of Continental Cross Contact UHP look to have lasted about 15k miles (rotated twice) and I was wondering if anyone had any advice on some better lasting and quieter alternatives please?

Goodyear Eagle F1 SUV come out cheapest by far but I'm unsure of their wear reliability?

Next up are Pirelli Scorpion Asymmetrico but these are M+S. So will they be noisy and quick to wear?

Then the Bridgestone and Contis are around the same price.

I couldn't find this size in many alternatives.

Does anyone have any advice please before I spend a grand?

Many thanks in advance.

Camskill.co.uk is usually the way to go, they are cheap and deliver to Dubin for cheap too.

http://www.alloy-wheels.ie/ has been very agressive recently with very good deals etc. Give them a call, ask them what the best they can do, they even managed to provide Michelin tires cheaper than Camskill.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭ashleey

Many thanks. I'll have a look

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Tropheus

I use www.eiretyres.com. I used the Contis on my Audi Allroad for a few years and found the grip excellent, but the thread life on the poor side. 20k miles was about the average including rotating.

I think there is a balance between thread life and grip. The better the grip, the lower the life and vice-versa.

For my last change, I went for Kumhos. I head good things about them and tried them as a budget tyre. The were nearly half the price of the Contis. I have to say that I'm pleased with them. I've over 15k miles on them and there's plenty more life left in them.

The grip isn't as good as the Contis, but it isn't a big issue when you're driving an Audi quattro:D. They're worth a look.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 558 ✭✭✭rcdk1

ksimpson wrote: »
    What's the story with fitting the tyres? Do you bring them to a tyre centre? If so, how much do they charge for just fitting the tyres? Or do you do it yourself? What about disposal of the old tyres?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,297 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Most main franchised tyre centres will not fit tyres that you don't buy from them. eiretyres.ie have a list of recommended tyre fitters that will fit them, posted on their website. They will charge you roughly €50/60 depending on where you go, to fit the new tyres, balance them and dispose of the old tyres.

BTW I have nearly always found www.camskill.co.uk alot cheaper than www.eiretyres.ie. Their delivery is also alot quicker. Also ring around your local tyre centres, they are aware of online competition and can do their best to match their prices.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭ashleey

Luckily I have a friend that runs his own car repair centre and is ex vw Audi. If anyone wants a recommendation in Kilkenny let me know

Advertisement