Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sligo St. Patrick's Day Parade

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭dardevle

cheers for those , some lovely shots in there.

thought the turn out was very good , we watched it as it passed on the markievich road and the general feeling from spectators was that the new route worked well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

Thanks.

I thought the new route wasn't great. There are too many tight corners with floats having trouble to get around.

I think it would be better going down Bridge Street onto Stephens Street, Wine Street, Adelaide Street.

Never seen so many people at it though, great to see the town busy.

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭dardevle

watching the parade come across the bridge gave a different perspective,
    and the viewing outside of molly's was grand because the street there is plenty wide, but having said that the parade itself had become disjointed with large gaps between floats, i like the route that you suggest and think it may work well,( apart from turning at feehilys corner) it would be less hassle, wanting the parade to continue to go down O'Connell st one way or the other, is where the headaches come in....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭Truley

I'm glad the feedback has been good I didn't get to see the parade as I was in it! (I was a mermaid :D) It certainly looked like alot of effort had been put in this year lets hope it continues because it's wonderful to see a real festival culture in Sligo.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭tuppence

Truley wrote: »
    I'm glad the feedback has been good I didn't get to see the parade as I was in it! (I was a mermaid :D) It certainly looked like alot of effort had been put in this year lets hope it continues because it's wonderful to see a real festival culture in Sligo.
    I seem to recall a mermaid in the boot of a car...was that Sligo or manor parade? I think I have video footage. ;)

• Advertisement

tuppence wrote: »
    I seem to recall a mermaid in the boot of a car...was that Sligo or manor parade? I think I have video footage. ;)

That would be me :D I would love to see any video footage or photos people might have.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

That would be me :D I would love to see any video footage or photos people might have.

Think you are in the Sligo Weekender.

magnumlady wrote: »
    Think you are in the Sligo Weekender.

yep *smiles and waves* and the creepy dude beside me is my brother :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭tuppence

yep *smiles and waves* and the creepy dude beside me is my brother :D
    If I ever do work my camcorder I'l post clip up.:pac:

Advertisement