Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prank Texts!!! International area code!!

• 17-03-2010 10:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭

Lads does anyone know where this text would originate from?? THe number is from +407********

The missus is gettin the same text from 4 different irish numbers (all o2) and now this number...... When confronted by both myself and the guards the people said they werent textin her.....

Am i right in saying the dialing code is 00407? The internets is throwin Grenada or Romania at me? Anyone have any idea??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

Just to say.. Sadly, it is very easy to send an SMS from a PC and make it look like any number you want, that includes Irish mobile phone operators.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

www.numberingplans.com can help you analyse numbers to help you locate what country etc they're from. Bear in mind what Amalgam says though.

Any pattern which might help you identify the sender? Are they very frequent that ignoring them just won't work? What phone do you have as some phones you can install applications to block texts from certain numbers etc.

Otherwise there's not a lot you can do beyond changing your number and/or letting the Gardai do their thing (which probably won't be much considering this would be minor enough in the grand scheme of things I'd imagine).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

Not so frequent that its nothing more than a trifle annoying but when she gets them its 4 or 5 in the space of an hour or two or it could be over the course of a night say after 12 and before 7, not so much fun when the phones goin off in your ear.....

Advertisement