Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Alternative Transport C&C

• 17-03-2010 11:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 728 ✭✭✭

BD2FBCD41B224F0D88DEFCC19FF26D37-800.jpg

Making the trip home form school that bit more interesting, what do you think???

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Slidinginfinity

I'd say that would make any little lass's day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

love the image. it is sooooo sweet.

in terms of c&c - just a little too tight on the crop - i wonder if you have more space available to expand out the edges? this would give a little more context and perhaps negative space to naturally mount / frame the image.

There's so much deep stuff going on here which the viewer may or may not get (it doesn't really matter) - the contrast is wonderful between the left side and the extreme right (white 2/3 v blue 1/3); the shoes left and right (horse and person); the wee lady and the wee horse;

A tad of horizon straightening needed perhaps but just a tad - i really hope you've a little more in the original image to pad out the space.

Overall (and I don't say this too often but i love this image) - a fantastic/magnificant image imho. You could do a really edgy type of processing on it or it's just fine as is tbh.

Defo print and frame. Tis worth it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I agree with the above that it would be great if you could 'uncrop' the shot if possible.

I also love the fact that pretty much everything in the photo is black&white, while the little girl is in colour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 728 ✭✭✭YourName

Yes, I think the lack of colour as opposed to the little girl, shows her youth and in comparison to the rest makes it very unique. The man walking the horse is actually holding the little girls umbarella and he was holding it facing the camera just before I took the shot, it may have been a nice addition to the photo but I like it as it is.

Advertisement