Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have lidl stopped stocking franziskaner?

Options
  • 17-03-2010 11:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭

I was in there today and there was none to be seen. Please let it be that they were out of stock today and its not permanent.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭pa990

might just be sold out.. Check again during the week.. If in doubt, ask the staff.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I thought most of their (non-own brand) beers all come and go, almost seasonal like creme eggs. Brahma is another which comes & goes.

They probably just ran out. Been ages since I've had some, must pop down to lidl later :D

• Registered Users Posts: 839 ✭✭✭yknaa

None in my Lidl on Saturday either. :eek: Hope it is a stock issue and will be back shortly.

i think aldi stock franz as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 16bore

They had a good few boxes of it in Thomastown Lidl yesterday.

i spotted some in lidl today

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭bennyob

Phew, hopefully it was just a local stock issue

i haven't bought franz in a while.. Is it cheaper in aldi or lidl ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

Whats franziskaner? Is it a wheat beer? Never heard of it.

• Advertisement

Whats franziskaner? Is it a wheat beer? Never heard of it.

Yup and a very good wheat beer at that.

pa990 wrote: »
    i haven't bought franz in a while.. Is it cheaper in aldi or lidl ?
    Phew! Panic over. It is €1.86 in Lidl ... not sure about Aldi. Best €1.86 you can invest (apart from the horse-shoe cleaning kit often also on offer in Lidl) :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

Yup and a very good wheat beer at that.

+1 and cheap to boot:D

it's definately good value.
    Anything more than 1.99 for a 50cl is too much (for an everyday type of beer)

None in my local Lidl yesterday :(

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭jrar

None in my local Lidl on my last TWO visits - but they still have the signs/prices up for it so I'm hopeful. My weekly visit always included 3/4 bottles of good old Franziskaner which is a steal at €1.86 compared to most supermarkets charging up to €2.79 for weissbeer.

I've only ever seen Schofferhofer in Aldi - it's not bad but a bit hit and miss whereas Franz. hits the spot every time :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

jrar wrote: »
    None in my local Lidl on my last TWO visits - but they still have the signs/prices up for it so I'm hopeful. My weekly visit always included 3/4 bottles of good old Franziskaner which is a steal at €1.86 compared to most supermarkets charging up to €2.79 for weissbeer.

I've only ever seen Schofferhofer in Aldi - it's not bad but a bit hit and miss whereas Franz. hits the spot every time :D
    Slight tangent, but the best development in german rail was not ICE trains going at 300kmh or the likes but the ditching of Shoppiehoppie in favour of Franziskaner as the Weissbier of choice on long distance trains :).
    Cant stick that Schofferhofer muck.

Anyways, back to Ireland for the guts of 3 weeks on Friday so will be stopping off on the way from the airport at Lidl Ballincollig for supplies of cheapo Franziskaner to keep me sane for the time at home. Thanks all for the updates on Franzi supplies!! (And heres hoping ballincollig have it in stock!!)

Advertisement