Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

wage payments

Options
  • 17-03-2010 11:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭

Have been working in a shop part-time now for a few months. I only get roughly 1-2 days a week, which suits me grand as I have college during the week anyhow so no problem.

However I've been scamed out of it on extra pay on banks holidays (like St.Stephen's day last year) but let it slide but I get the feeling that my boss will not pay me extra. Normally I'd be up front about geting extra money for bak holidays and whatever but the shop changed hands and so I didn't want to start off on the wrong foot with the owner, as I wanted to prove I'm a decent worker.

Can anybody give advice and what I'm entitled to legally and what I should do next.? For instance my pay day will be thursday/friday and seeing as I worked paddy's day I should be getting extra surely?

Any suggestions are appreciated! :D
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭TheInquisitor

Most employees are entitled to paid leave on public holidays. One exception is part-time employees who have not worked for their employer at least 40 hours in total in the 5 weeks before the public holiday.

Would this apply to you?

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭manic mailman

Would this apply to you?

It certainly would have when I was working for Stephen's day but yesterday I've worked well over 40 hours.

He's by all accounts a good boss and doesn't mind you having a laugh once you get the work done but I'll be fecked if I'm going to get screwed over on money, especially when I have so little of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭dh0661

but yesterday I've worked well over 40 hours.

:confused:

Advertisement