Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

John Terry had a bit of an oul crash.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

see Chelsea thread and the Terry stripped of capatincy thread

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

Prob getting head from Bridge's missus at the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

kryogen wrote: »
    see Chelsea thread and the Terry stripped of capatincy thread

Did he crash into them too?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

I heard he ploughed him down at 100mph while laughing maniacally and rubbing a picture of Wayne Bridge's missus off his crotch, breaking every bone in the poor man's body.

flahavaj wrote: »
    I heard he ploughed him down at 100mph while laughing maniacally and rubbing a picture of Wayne Bridge's missus off his crotch, breaking every bone in the poor man's body.

He was using his pecker to steer.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

orourkeda wrote: »
    He was using his pecker to steer.

Beats using it to get himself stripped of the England captaincy anyway.:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

flahavaj wrote: »

Nobody in real life is THAT evil.
    mr-burns-evil-laugh.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭m@cc@

This hardly deserves a thread of it's own. The steward had a bruised leg. If it was anyone other than JT, it'd be a non-story. I don't like the guy but I know a witch hunt when I see one too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Look over there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,831 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

i hear John wipes his own arse after he ****s, the nerve.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,519 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Hopefully he's going to show a bit of class and make a public apology to the poor man.
    Either that or he could allow him to break his leg.
    Something tells me a nice little finacial sweetener is coming his way. Probably a trolly load of nicked booze from Tesco's or a bit of class A gear from his auld lad:pac:

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭gingelion

I dont like john terry but if my car was surrounded by ***** id be annoyed if someone was annoyed that i hit someone.

Still, its lousy on the guy who got hit that he wasnt one of said *****

papagormo wrote: »
    i hear John wipes his own arse after he ****s, the nerve.

Nice. At least he's not a muslim

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

Anyone who thinks that Terry didn't know he had hit someone should have a look at the pics below.

Paparazzi might be scummy but hitting someone with your car and driving off is pretty scummy.

He's obviously decided to go with the Arsene Wenger - I did not see the incident defence.

jt.jpg

jt2.jpg

Terry just let one rip. Anyway, the 2nd one is photoshopped - it's clearly been changed from colour to black & white.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭m@cc@

Anyone else notice that the woman in the car is not his wife? Maybe she's a sex addiction therapist.

m@cc@ wrote: »
    Anyone else notice that the woman in the car is not his wife? Maybe she's a sex addiction therapist.

She's too hot for that - surely that wouldn't work?!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

Anyone who thinks that Terry didn't know he had hit someone should have a look at the pics below.

Paparazzi might be scummy but hitting someone with your car and driving off is pretty scummy.

He's obviously decided to go with the Arsene Wenger - I did not see the incident defence.

jt.jpg

jt2.jpg

So what are the pictures proving to me? Nonsense post it seems to me.

I don't like Terry but I've seen no evidence that this was anything other than a genuine accident and that he didn't know that anyone had been hurt.

Pro. F wrote: »
    So what are the pictures proving to me? Nonsense post it seems to me.

I don't like Terry but I've seen no evidence that this was anything other than a genuine accident and that he didn't know that anyone had been hurt.

They are proving that he knew they he hit someone and rather than stopping to check if the person was ok he drove away home. I'm not saying he deliberately set out to run down someone - I am saying that he knew he hit someone and drove away, which is pretty disgusting behaviour.

They are proving that he knew they he hit someone and rather than stopping to check if the person was ok he drove away home. I'm not saying he deliberately set out to run down someone - I am saying that he knew he hit someone and drove away, which is pretty disgusting behaviour.

Concrete evidence indeed.

• Advertisement

They just don't.

Concrete evidence indeed.

So what in the hell is the reason for the female in the passenger's seat reaction?

Also as to your earlier suggestion that the second photo was photoshopped - the Independent (English one) are using it in their story, so I believe that notion can be put to bed.

Clearly we don't agree on this.

I think it's a case of Terry inadvertently hitting someone with his car and not stopping to see if that person was okay and subsequently lying about the fact.

Does this fit in with everything else we know about his character and background? (abusing Americans after Sept 11, being charged with assault and affray, cheating on his wife while simultaneously betraying one of his best friends, taking money illicitly to arrange secret trips around Chelsea's training facilities not to mention a shop-lifting mother and mother-in-law and an alleged drug dealing father) Pretty much.

To those who don't think that Terry knew he had hit someone could you please put forward your suggestions of why you think the female passenger is holding her hand to her face like that?

So what in the hell is the reason for the female in the passenger's seat reaction?
    It could be anything. She could be just a bit shocked by the general mad scrum of the photographers. Maybe the security staff and the press are really having a barney outside the car. Who knows? We don't know the time sequence or the context of those pictures at all. That second picture suggests something but it was chosen by the rags to do just that. It proves nothing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,939 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

It could be anything. She could be just a bit shocked by the general mad scrum of the photographers. Maybe the security staff and the press are really having a barney outside the car. Who knows? We don't know the time sequence or the context of those pictures at all. That second picture suggests something but it was chosen by the rags to do just that. It proves nothing.

maybe terry farted, and the comedy of it all turns to horror as the smell hits her? his face in the first photo seems to be pretty smug, like i would be after letting a quality fart.

Personally I don't think that is the reaction to someone who is a "bit shocked" by the general scrum. Fair enough if this is how you choose to interpet it. Would be interesting to see what most people think of the photo evidence, as I doubt I am alone on this.

Also the picture is used in the Independent - it's not like it was simply a tabloid using this.

Ultimately it's not going to make much difference - Terry's reputation can't really sink much lower and I doubt there will be any legal implications. Capello is probably glad that he stripped Terry of the captaincy when he did, as if he didn't this would probably prompt renewed calls to do so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

There is no way that somebody can hit someone with a car and not know it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

m@cc@ wrote: »
    This hardly deserves a thread of it's own. The steward had a bruised leg. If it was anyone other than JT, it'd be a non-story. I don't like the guy but I know a witch hunt when I see one too.

But you must somehow see how Chelsea being beaten by Inter was all John Terrys fault?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,453 ✭✭✭secman

If John Terry told me it was raining I would have to go outside and see/feel it. He just happens to be a guy with very, very low standards and morals, probably be a hoolihgan if he wasn't a great footballer.

Just my honest opinion of the guy.

Secman

• Advertisement

Personally I don't think that is the reaction to someone who is a "bit shocked" by the general scrum. Fair enough if this is how you choose to interpet it. Would be interesting to see what most people think of the photo evidence, as I doubt I am alone on this.

Also the picture is used in the Independent - it's not like it was simply a tabloid using this.

Ultimately it's not going to make much difference - Terry's reputation can't really sink much lower and I doubt there will be any legal implications. Capello is probably glad that he stripped Terry of the captaincy when he did, as if he didn't this would probably prompt renewed calls to do so.

The Independant is an unreliable newspaper too imho. But, as you say, it's fair enough that we just interperate the picture differently.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Minstrel27 wrote: »
    There is no way that somebody can hit someone with a car and not know it.

I take it you have never been Stamford Bridge or know where the players drive out ?

This could easily happen and I am surprised it does not happen more often, there is usually a scrum of 40-50 paps as well as fans and security staff. The area where you pull out onto the main road is blocked off by all the paps and till they get enough shots they won't move out of the way , security has to step in and try move them on , there is usually a big scrum and whenever I have been there there is always people banging off the cars , jeeps in the chaos.

Plus I reckon it's quite hard to see what's going on with camera flashes going off in your face non stop.

As I said before - maybe Terry let a really bad one rip.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

gingelion wrote: »
    I dont like john terry but if my car was surrounded by ***** id be annoyed if someone was annoyed that i hit someone.

Still, its lousy on the guy who got hit that he wasnt one of said *****

Not a nice way to talk about the English.:pac:

Advertisement