Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

AC charger not recognised.

• 18-03-2010 12:41am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 159 ✭✭

Recently I've been getting a warning message when I boot up my Dell Latitude D620 (winxp pro) that my charger isn't recognised and therefore my battery wont charge. I have the laptop over 4 years but this just started happening a week or two ago.

I checked the Dell website and all drivers appear to be up-to-date (bios, chipset etc...).

I haven't added or deleted any software in the last few months.

The laptop works fine when plugged in but as soon as I plug out it dies immediately.

Any ideas where to check next are very welcome. Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

You need a new battery or else the circuit directing the power to the battery is borked, let's hope it's the first one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,341 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

I'd be backing anything up of importance right about now...

If it's not the battery the laptop could be a finished..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 159 ✭✭Philistine

Cheers lads...you're full of good news:D

Backing up as I type but hoping its just a battery issue. Thanks for replies

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭snappieT

Could just as easily be the charger itself, or the control wire to the charger. Dell are popular enough for you to (hopefully) have a friend with the same charger - check if it works with their charger.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 317 ✭✭darth_maul

The dell D600 series charger actually have pins, and the centre pin actually detects if the charger is a genuine dell of appropriate Amperage, Sounds like the cable to the centre pin has broken, which acn happen with these, get a new Power supply and that should fix it. Search Ebay for a PA-10 power supply.

• Advertisement
Advertisement