Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Old Wyatville/Loughlinstown/Cherrywood

Options
  • 18-03-2010 2:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭

Does anyone remember the old Wyatville road that was where the huge flyover is now, right a the Silver Tassie. It was really steep and went down into the wilderness haha.... or the Old Killiney road up wehre the chuch is where Enya lived? I barely remember cause im nto THAT old.

Anyone know where I can get some pics? would love to show my old work mates in CHerrywood what it was like before all this Tiger work.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

Before my time, but where the Tassie is there was a massive tree in the middle of the road, hence why is was called the Big Tree road.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,506 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

RosieJoe wrote: »
    Before my time, but where the Tassie is there was a massive tree in the middle of the road, hence why is was called the Big Tree road.

:confused:
    Never heard it called that.

I remember being able to look out my bedroom window to where Cherrywood is now and just see fields and now I'm working in one of those former fields :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

:confused:
    Never heard it called that.

I remember being able to look out my bedroom window to where Cherrywood is now and just see fields and now I'm working in one of those former fields :D

haha yea we called them the Barley Fields and used to go berry collecting or other mates of mates would go 'lamping'.

The old Tram line is still up behind the Tassie. I remember when tehy started work on the M50 up there as I used to head upto Pucks Castle for some Par 3..

Anyone know where can get pics ive tried googling put im not exactly sure of the road names.

Advertisement