Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

freebies

Options
  • 18-03-2010 3:24am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hello all,

I'm a newbie to Boards.ie and am finding it very difficult to navigate the site. Currently i'm looking for the "free stuff" for at least the last two hours to no avail. PLEASE!!!! ANYONE HELP!!!!.
    And also can anyone tell me how to send a PM and also how to read your PM@s.
    Thanks All,

Kind Regards,

confusion101 (aka Mark Smith).

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

go to adverts.ie its run by the same people as here. You should find freebies there

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

We don't have a "free stuff" forum here. The closest thing is "Bargain Alerts"

Though as seany said, you're probably looking for the "Free Stuff" forum over at www.adverts.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 allrounder26

hi

grumtree has a good bit of freebies if you are prepared to collect them from ppl you can get anything you need dog car furniture clother list is endless

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 confusion101

thank you all for your help regarding my question on how to navigate my way to the "freebies" site (or lack of one :) ).
    One final question though. If i want to reply to an add, how do i send it via private message.
    Any help would again be appreciated.

Kind Regards,

confusion101

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Adverts rules state that you're not allowed to PM the seller until a sale has been agreed first on the thread.
    Once you've made an offer on thread and it's been accepted you can then PM for address, phone number etc.
    In the free stuff section it is similar. You first offer to take the item and once the seller has accepted you then click on Private Message underneath their name.

I'm not an adverts mod so there may be some variations to this but at least that how I think it works.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭neil_18_

If you go to the "Biz" drop down menu up the top, then "Consumer", then click "Bargain Alerts" there is a freebie thread in there! :D

Took me ages to find threads when i first joined!

Advertisement