Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A few days in Kerry

Options
  • 18-03-2010 4:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭

Have been living abroad for the past couple of years. Will be back home at the start of April for a month to see family and friends.

Towards the end of month I'm planning a 4-5 day trip eventually ending in Kerry. Right now I'm considering 2 nights in West Cork probably Kinsale and then 2 nights in Kerry.

I have never visited Kerry in my life but would love for my girlfriend to see a beautiful part of Ireland.

What town / hotels / b&bs would people recommend we should stay? It doesn't have to be very loud, nice and quiet is fine but I just want somewhere very beautiful where we can do plenty of walking and cycling and that has a bit of a romantic feel to it.

I know this is the Kerry forum but if anyone has any other suggestions than Kinsale on the West Cork tip then let me know.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭dmeehan

Go to Killarney for the entire 4/5 days of the trip.
    Killarney ftw!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭RVR

Try Kenmare maybe? Sits between Beara (west cork) and Iveragh (Kerry) peninsulas - http://www.kenmare.ie/

You could do the ring of beara starting in west cork, heading up to kenmare. Plenty of good restaurants so stop off and enjoy a night. Then head on to take in the Ring of Kerry including a stop in killarney.

This would get you the best of both worlds - West Cork and Ring of Kerry!!! I'm sure your girlfriend would appreciate the sights.

Cheers

Des

• Registered Users Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭si_guru

Advertisement