Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soon time to feed the lawn

Options
  • 18-03-2010 10:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭

And the lawn feed is as expensive as ever.

Looking at the main DIY stores, a bag of lawn feed will set you back 34 euro. This will cover around 400 - 500 sq meters of lawn.

Aldi are selling boxes of lawn feed this thursday for 4.50 a box, so about 4 boxes will cover the same area for allot less.

Anyone got any other suggestions / tips of how to feed the lawn but also not breaking the bank ????

Lawn Feed

each €4.49

- High nitrogen content
    - Rich in iron and magnesium
    - Designed to give a lush green colour
    - Strengthens and thickens
    - Coverage: 120m2

http://www.aldi.ie/ie/html/offers/2827_12326.htm?WT.mc_id=2010-03-16-16-52?WT.mc_id=

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Fatswaldo

Buy a bag of 10-10-20 fertilizer from a farm suppliers - about €20. This will give you enough for about an acre! Does the job for me every year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭alibabba

Fatswaldo wrote: »
    Buy a bag of 10-10-20 fertilizer from a farm suppliers - about €20. This will give you enough for about an acre! Does the job for me every year.

My father-in-law is a farmer and buys a trailer of this stuff every year for his farm. I asked him one time about taking a bag of it for the lawn, he said it would be too strong and burn the lawn ????

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Fatswaldo

Can't comment on your FILs experiance but we have been doing this for years with good results. Apply sparingly and if possible, just before a shower of rain. Dont use during cold weather - this will burn the grass.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭alibabba

Fatswaldo wrote: »
    Can't comment on your FILs experiance but we have been doing this for years with good results. Apply sparingly and if possible, just before a shower of rain. Dont use during cold weather - this will burn the grass.

You are right about one thing, its allot lot cheaper than the standard lawn feeds

Advertisement