Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

St Patrick's Day Parade, What did you think?

Options
  • 18-03-2010 10:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭

The groups were good, especially the pipe band, but the order everyone came in was terrible and the bottle neck up at the Thosel meant that the people down at the BofI thought the parade was over a couple of times before it actually was.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭bazza1

I agree. Very colourful and lots for the smaller kids to enjoy. Great weather too.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Myself and the mrs went to it yesterday, last parade I saw in Kilkenny I think was maybe two years ago...in comparison this parade was miles better then the last.

Alot of work put into it, there was still one or two trucks with adverts which added little or nothing to the parade (some energy crowd from John street had a truck at the end with a green flag on it...great job lads :rolleyes:). but overall people had put work into making stuff which was great.

Also great to see all the kids out and about as part of the cub scouts and stuff.

There was alot of stop starting and often the parade kept on going leaving massive gaps, at one stage a gap I saw was between the book center and the Thosel...they should have had people telling the people in the parade when to start/stop so this didn't happen. Something to learn from perhaps

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Threadhead

There's still a long way to go with it but it was miles better than the past few years although a lot of the content and organisation left a lot to be desired.

The gig rig on the Parade was a great idea and it worked a charm. If they had organised a few food or drinks stalls it could have been a massive hit. And of course, if the weather was a tad warmer...

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭JohnnyCrash

I agree that it was better than the last couple of years. Watched it from the start point at McDonagh,but what i think it lacked was "noise".Appeared very dead to me,perhaps whats needed are the odd car,van or truck kitted out with a P.A. of some sort belting out diddley eye music?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

L'Arche had some nice big drums but I guess they got pretty tired hitting them all through the parade as they stopped for a good while at Goods

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

My kids (all under 7)really loved it, they enjoyed it all, and got to see a bit of cricket for the first time which is good!!

My brother in law was in Dublin for their parade which was obviously on a much bigger scale but he couldn't see Feck all, so I'm glad the kids got to actually see what was going on.

Agree with other posters that there maybe should have been a bit more music and maybe less gaps, but still not a bad way to while away a couple of hours.

Advertisement