Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

MARCA steps up campaign to oust Real coach Pellegrini

• 18-03-2010 10:47am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭

This is just ridiculous now. The main headline of today's MARCA is who should be Real's next coach because "unless there's a miracle", Pellegrini will be sacked - even though they're top of the league on goal difference. MARCA's contenders?:

http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&sl=es&tl=en&u=http://www.marca.com/2010/03/18/futbol/equipos/real_madrid/1268893921.html&prev=_t&rurl=translate.google.com&usg=ALkJrhgF_OYTv-AcitHkcvZ-fzgjRVbBjw

Mourinho - would be an idiot to join a club that has no stability or belief in its managers. I'm sure he would hate being man-managed by Fiorentino Perez too

Benitez - really? Ok he won a Champions League, but is this guy who you would want with a chequebook? Only in football could someone who has performed as disastrous as Benitez be in-line for a £16m contract pay-off and a promotion to a better club (arguably).

Ancelloti - I really think people are over-reacting after Chelsea were knocked out of the CL this week but wouldn't be a bad choice.

Capello - hmm Real, didn't you sack him last time he won the league for you?

Do MARCA or Perez have any credibility left? This is the Spanish daily that immediately threw a smoke-screen last week over Lyon's victory by saying "who do you want Real to sign this season?". The offerings - from Jesus Navas to Ribery to Rooney, were all attacking players. Makes my head spin

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

As Side Lowe said earlier in the week, even if Madrid win the league he will be sacked. The ONLY hope he has is that they win the league emphatically and absolutely BATTER (in Ferguson voice) Barca at the Bernabeu.

Really a shame, I'd love to have Pellegrini as coach of the club I support!

Oh, and when has Marca ever had credibilty? They literally ARE the circus that is Real Madrid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Ush1 wrote: »
    Even if Madrid win the league he will be sacked. The ONLY hope he has is that they win the league emphatically and absolutely BATTER (in Ferguson voice) Barca at the Bernabeu.

That sounds very like a sentence Sid Lowe said on Football Weekly on Monday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Des wrote: »
    That sounds very like a sentence Sid Lowe said on Football Weekly on Monday.

Hahaha, exactly right! But it rings so true if you know Madrid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

I hope they do sack Pelligrini, for the simple reason that it will add instability at the club.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

If Perez could sack Del Bosque in 2003 anything is possible.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

I hate Real. I really wish they would just do a Leeds and fuck off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

Capello - hmm Real, didn't you sack him last time he won the league for you?

I think you will find that he managed Real twice, won la liga on both occasions and was sacked twice! Welcome to the circus that is Real Madrid. Sums them up really. As for Marca they are a rag but a very powerful one. They cost Calderon his job last year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Florez is an idiot. Simple as that. In Pellegrini they have a man capable of bringing success back, but because he was not first choice, he was always on borrowed time. Florez wants to be the man known for El Decima. He does not want any pesky manager to have his limelight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Pellegrini is popular amongst the fans isn't he?

I don't know why a top manager would want to go to the club. Yes we know about their history but from what I understand some of the players are bitching about Pellegrini's methods and then you have Marca being Marca.

Benitez going to Real Madrid would be absolute train wreck. This is a club that demands attacking football with players up their own arses. I honestly don't think he'd last the halfway mark of the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

Roddy Collins is looking for work....

(it'd be hilarious to see real relegated if he were given the job :D )

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Rafa..Rafael..Rafa..Rafael..Rafa..Rafael..Rafael Don't Leave Us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Benitez - really? Ok he won a Champions League, but is this guy who you would want with a chequebook? Only in football could someone who has performed as disastrous as Benitez be in-line for a £16m contract pay-off and a promotion to a better club (arguably).

Seems like we have another Ronnie Whelan in our midsts... Liga x 2, UEFA Cup x 1, Champions League x 1, FA Cup x 1.

It's amazing how a manager with so much success, who has been headhunted by Real and Juve for the past few seasons, can't seem to get any sort of respect from football fans or the media in this country or the UK.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,432 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

I think if they went after Benitez it would be a great favour to Liverpool who would dodge the compensation payments that would be incurred by sacking Benitez and receive compensation from Madrid to break the contract so they could get money to get a new manager. Hope it doesn't happen though because as a United fan I'm very happy with the job he is doing at Liverpool. (although I suppose if he leaves we might start beating Liverpool again :rolleyes: )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

There's only one man with the credentials to manage Real Madrid.

David Beckham.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Seems like we have another Ronnie Whelan in our midsts... Liga x 2, UEFA Cup x 1, Champions League x 1, FA Cup x 1.
    But what has he done for us lately? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

If they want any sustained success, they need to get lucky and find a Guardiola. Someone who can handle the team and their egos and who's already to big at the club for Perez to fcuk with.

gosplan wrote: »
    If they want any sustained success, they need to get lucky and find a Guardiola. Someone who can handle the team and their egos and who's already to big at the club for Perez to fcuk with.

Raul

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

im very much in the keep rafa red brigade

but you do have to quantify what you said there

his success with Valencia was with Cupers squad

and his CL success with Liverpool was with Houlliers squad

when he built his own team in Valencia, it didnt work out so well

What has he done with Liverpool with his own team?

I dont wanna get into a bashing rafa thread, just pointing out little bits of subtext to the stats

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Spain works differnet to England, the "club" buys the players its the coahces job to make them play.

Fairly sure Guardiola didnt want Ibra but het he got him and lost Etoo.

Theres a big difference between coach and manager in spain, no manager really gets to pick the players he gets.

pretty cool system for Sevilla anyway :D

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,527 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Maradona would be the perfect fit.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Marca is a footballing daily newspaper.. imagine the back pages of the tabloids stretched to a full "newspaper" & imagine the headlines they'd have to write to get the readership they need to stay in business.

It's a rag. That's all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

kryogen wrote: »
    im very much in the keep rafa red brigade

but you do have to quantify what you said there

his success with Valencia was with Cupers squad

and his CL success with Liverpool was with Houlliers squad

when he built his own team in Valencia, it didnt work out so well

What has he done with Liverpool with his own team?

I dont wanna get into a bashing rafa thread, just pointing out little bits of subtext to the stats

Course you do stop lying, you're fooling no one.

Back on topic, Madrid are laughable to be honest. No manager with any bit of cop on would go to a club where he has little say in signings or has to deal with Raul hovering in the background.

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Spain works differnet to England, the "club" buys the players its the coahces job to make them play.

Fairly sure Guardiola didnt want Ibra but het he got him and lost Etoo.

Theres a big difference between coach and manager in spain, no manager really gets to pick the players he gets.

pretty cool system for Sevilla anyway :D

your just wrong here im sorry

no everything you said is wrong, but pretty close to it

flahavaj wrote: »
    No manager with any bit of cop on would go to a club where he has little say in signings or has to deal with Raul hovering in the background.

3 years wages for 12 months MAX work, where can i apply?

Course you do stop lying, you're fooling no one.

Back on topic, Madrid are laughable to be honest. No manager with any bit of cop on would go to a club where he has little say in signings or has to deal with Raul hovering in the background.

actually if you had looked you would have seen my defence of the man consistently in the liverpool thread

but sure hey

dont let the truth get in the way of a little bitching pal

Raul, unless he has gone seriously backwards since i last saw him, has been a model pro for a while now

he causes no problems anymore

3 years wages for 12 months MAX work, where can i apply?

True actually.:pac:

Raul, unless he has gone seriously backwards since i last saw him, has been a model pro for a while now

Anymore? So the problems he caused were acceptable?? he was picking the team ffs under guidance from the owner that it didnt matter who the manager was.

thats ****ed up even terry cant sink that low.

where did i say the things Raul did in the past were acceptable?

he lost the fans and he won them back by changing his behaviour

you exaggerate a little dont ya

there is a distinct flair for the dramatic in your posts also, so ill just say good luck to ya now

actually if you had looked you would have seen my defence of the man consistently in the liverpool thread

but sure hey

dont let the truth get in the way of a little bitching pal

Yes I've read your tongue in cheek "defences." KRAP and all that, fools no one tbh.

Even the fact that Raul at any stage undermined a manager makes him a nefarious influence in the dressing room that I wouldn't appreciate as manager.

• Advertisement

you just dont get it unfortunatly then pal

Raul or no Raul, if you manage Real Madrid someone will undermine you, whether its in the dressing room or the board room

why point all the hate at one player?

you just dont get it unfortunatly then pal

Raul or no Raul, if you manage Real Madrid someone will undermine you, whether its in the dressing room or the board room

why point all the hate at one player?

Read again. I also mentioned teh board room in my post. You're basically agreeing with me.

Second night in a row you've been hit with the slow stick kryogen, I'm getting tired of this KRAP tbh.:pac:

where did i say the things Raul did in the past were acceptable?

he lost the fans and he won them back by changing his behaviour

you exaggerate a little dont ya

there is a distinct flair for the dramatic in your posts also, so ill just say good luck to ya now

Im with you now, i see what your at. Give Raul the job...... awesome plan, cunning but awesome altho your a fan of barca or real or someone else. its a cunning plan and i endorse it 100%.

genius ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Smegball

Benitez would not fit Madrid at all, his efficient solid brand of football would not go down well in Madrid, he would last a year at most.

Wonder would they approach Blanc.

Smegball wrote: »
    Benitez would not fit Madrid at all, his efficient solid brand of football would not go down well in Madrid, he would last a year at most.

Wonder would they approach Blanc.

Efficient? Solid? Yr having a laugh, I presume?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,857 ✭✭✭Valmont

Quick question: Where do Real Madrid get all their money from? Ronaldo and Kaka must have cost a fortune combined.

• Advertisement

Valmont wrote: »
    Quick question: Where do Real Madrid get all their money from? Ronaldo and Kaka must have cost a fortune combined.

€500m in debt.

Summer spending spree came from bank loans.

credit

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Smegball

Efficient? Solid? Yr having a laugh, I presume?

Hardly free flowing, expansive entertaining football anyways.

Read again. I also mentioned teh board room in my post. You're basically agreeing with me.

:

eh, yeah. i know

and you call me slow?

its actually like trying to talk physics to a 5 year old sometimes with you

Smegball wrote: »
    Hardly free flowing, expansive entertaining football anyways.

Well it's not free flowing, entertaining, solid or even effficient. There mus be some word for it. Sh*te, perhaps?

• Advertisement

Valmont wrote: »

Govermant backed imagine if FF backed Sporting Fingal except in spain the tribunals are VS the provinces and not VS the goverment.

Would kinda piss you off if you lived there.

eh, yeah. i know

and you call me slow?

its actually like trying to talk physics to a 5 year old sometimes with you

LOL. Desperately poor stuff bai.

it really is true what they say isnt it ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

a little knowledge is a dangerous thing

a little knowledge is a dangerous thing

try posting when you have some, would make this topic at least somewhat relevent to the OP.

try posting when you have some, would make this topic at least somewhat relevent to the OP.

seriously how old are you

do you not have school or something tomorrow

go to bed will ya

seriously how old are you

do you not have school or something tomorrow

go to bed will ya

uhh touche?

guess this is where you say YORE MA , as you have no actual intelligent input to this thread.

srsly the posts pertaining to your username have been complete ****e in this thread, do you have an actual point or is the username that is posting this ****e just a ****e poster :confused:

did you actually spell touchy wrong in that ramble?

i like it

and if you insist

YORE MA

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

great thread, would read again

kindergarten2.jpg

did you actually spell touchy wrong in that ramble?

i like it

and if you insist

YORE MA

yeah i spelt touche wrong.

Cheers for the YORE MA, you have confirmed my faith in something.

• Advertisement
Advertisement