Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PC Crashed now internet is all f*cked

• 18-03-2010 10:49am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭

Hey,

THis is driving me mad, late last night my pc randomly bluescreened and on reboot all the usual programs in my systray didn't reload.

I logged off and back on and they all loaded however my internet is all over the place.

Symptoms are:

Websites like Sky News load but the videos don't. I can sometimes log into hotmail sometimes not. Boards sometimes loads sometimes not. Facebook won't load.

This is the same across all 3 major browsers. Logging into FF and the default homepage won't resolve.

n case it's flash or Java I've tried to install java and the web installer won't work, it says it can't resolve the server but I can download and have just installed the offline version and that hasn't solved anything. Trying to obtain flashplayer 10 is now proving a headache as the website won't resolve.....

Basically it does look like something web related has gone a bit bjorked but I'm not entirely sure what or how to repair it. It's driving me mental.

Any hints gratefully accepted.

EDIT: The java console via control panel refuses to load if that helps. I'm pretty sure this is a java problem but it's proving annoying now.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,235 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

without knowing what the bluescreen code was its hard to diagnose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

You could always try starting in safe mode without network support then close down and restart.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Just to update, it was refusing to do a system restore (I was at work logging in remotely) but once home I booted in safe mode and restored and everything worked, then AVG updated and required an update and a reboot, after the reboot same problem :(

Sooooo 20 mins later and sys restore again and auto AVG update turned off and all is well with the world again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Glad to hear it.
    Uninstall AVG, do a restart and download a fresh copy and reinstall AVG.

Advertisement