Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brown Bread - problem

Options
  • 18-03-2010 10:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,782 ✭✭✭

I'm at my wits end here so I hope someone can help.

I have been making brown bread on and off for years and it normally turns out fine and not much has gone wrong despite not sticking rigidly to recipes. For the last six months or so every attempt I've make has been a disaster and I can't figure out why, I've probably had about 10 attempts.
    Two months ago I discovered my conventional over had gotten slow to heat and I discovered one of the electrical elements was faulty, I replaced it and thought it must have been the problem but no such luck.
    Each time I bake the brown bread now it looks great on the outside but the inside is just a sticky mess even if I give it extra baking time.
    I'll post my recipe and method soon.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,441 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

We had this problem with brown bread, and like yourself, one of our oven's elements was gone. We had it replaced and that solved the problem. The oven simply wasn't reaching the temperature on the dial. Have you any sort of gadget to check? It's annoying when it's not cooked thoroughly..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,782 ✭✭✭Joe Public

Good point Black Oil, I'll search for a thermometer I can place in the oven and see how it compares to the temp on the dial. I know both elements are working now but I can't be sure the thermostat is doing it's job correctly. I won't post my recipe/method as I'd be fairly confident it has been reliable in the past.

Advertisement