Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sean Fitzpatrick Arrested

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭RoadKillTs

In before Magnus!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭ilovelamp2000

hehe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭MaybeLogic

May he rot in his cell, before he is questioned and then released without charge, later on today.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

I would say if they have anything on him they will make an example of him. The government, police and FR are too wary of public opinion to let him get away with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

Hopefully they'll make him share a cell with Patrick Fitzsean.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

rugby forum ---->

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

Paddy power could give you a million to 1 for seany to go to jail. It just doesn't happen in this country.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭McTigs

Paddy power could give you a million to 1 for seany to go to jail. It just doesn't happen in this country.
    I dunno, Lenihan appears to be pretty pissed off with him.

Probably stems from fitzpatricks snubbing of him and the authorities in general ever since the banking crises kicked off. He's been a right arrogant prick about the whole thing.... i'm pretty sure the waited till they had gathered enough substantial evidence before knocking on the door.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭bullpost

Thing is - did he break the law? With regulation so lax during that period it may be difficult to convict him. On the other hand he should be accountable for his current debts and must be pursued at a time when people are losing their homes because of his policies.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭paddydriver

Won't be happy until we see him being led out of the house with the cuffs on - in true US style;)

Then we know that they mean business.

Likely what we will see is him joking with the Guard's holding him.

How is the handicap Sean? - Ah sure it's great Guard..

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

rugby forum ---->

Huh?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

bullpost wrote: »
    Thing is - did he break the law? With regulation so lax during that period it may be difficult to convict him. On the other hand he should be accountable for his current debts and must be pursued at a time when people are losing their homes because of his policies.

Anglo aren't in the mortgage business so his policies wouldn't have affected anyone that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭Gyalist

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Lux23 wrote: »
    Anglo aren't in the mortgage business so his policies wouldn't have affected anyone that way.
    Indirectly you could argue that Anglo's less than ethical loan policies provided a platform for developers to milk it in terms of property, leading to unrealistic house prices and therefore overstretched mortgages.

Of course, Anglo didn't provide those overstretched mortgages...

Huh?

I didn't realise we had Americans on this forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Good.

That is all.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭kmick

According to some wag I talked to this morning it is alleged Anglo are about to announce a 12bn loss - the largest loss in corporate Irish history. This will have to be paid out of our taxes. Also it is alleged he has been quietly disposing of all his assets to family in the last few months to avoid the state seizing them.

The thought of him sitting in a cell without shoe laces goes a tiny way towards the revenge Cowen will need to get him with for the Irish public to be sated.

Hopefully this 12bn loss is enought to topple FF.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭ilovelamp2000

kmick wrote: »
    According to some wag I talked to this morning it is alleged Anglo are about to announce a 12bn loss - the largest loss in corporate Irish history. This will have to be paid out of our taxes. Also it is alleged he has been quietly disposing of all his assets to family in the last few months to avoid the state seizing them.

The thought of him sitting in a cell without shoe laces goes a tiny way towards the revenge Cowen will need to get him with for the Irish public to be sated.

Either I'm having deja vu or that 12 billion loss was mentioned weeks ago already

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

kmick wrote: »
    Not a chance, the saps on both sides will vote the same way they always did.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 462 ✭✭SlabMurphy

About time. I remember him on Primetime showing an interview with him a few years ago and bragging about taking on the main banks etc and with a conceited smile saying " It's not about money, it's a game ". Hope he enjoys his little ' game ' ending in a prison cell hopefully.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Who?

SlabMurphy wrote: »
    About time. I remember him on Primetime showing an interview with him a few years ago and bragging about taking on the main banks etc and with a conceited smile saying " It's not about money, it's a game ". Hope he enjoys his little ' game ' ending in a prison cell hopefully.

.... and like has been alluded to earlier he should be getting his "get out of jail free" card any time now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭hamsterboy

Dunno where the image tag helper is gone but.............
    From his Wiki page
    ScreenShot005.jpg

HB

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Gyalist wrote: »
    testicle wrote: »

Not the same guy folks... but sure... why not... move it over to rugby... then lets have them see it passed over to an economy forum...
    bonerm wrote: »
    I didn't realise we had Americans on this forum.

I'm sure that Dragon guy is American...

...I'm not

• Registered Users Posts: 42 timelessone

From RTE Website:

''On 18 March 2010, Gardai arrested Sean Fitzpartick at his residence in Greystones, Co. Wicklow. After a ten minute gunfight, which saw Fitzpatrick clamber to the roof of his family home shouting "Made it Ma, top of the world!", Garda negotiators enticed him down by announcing that "a three ball needs a fourth on the first tee at Druids Glen". Gardai threatening to "Go Corrib" finally convinced FitzPatrick to co-operate. FitzPatrick was lead away to a safe house in the K Club for intense interrogation.''

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 milnerrm

ha...good one

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭jclare56

well its about time - now he is where he belongs, with all the other criminals!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Fozzie Bear

Christ how long did that take exactly? Months? Years? to just arrest and charge him. He has had all that time to dispose of assets, prepare his defense, play golf and generally swan about the place while the rest of us struggle to get by and survive from day to day.

Bernie Madoff was reported on December 10th 2008, arrested on December 11th by the FBI, got the "perp walk" in hand cuffs in front of the media and has been in jail since last June and will spend the rest of his days there rotting. Sentence was 150 years I think???

How long will this case drag on thorugh the courts only for Fitzpatrick to get off on a technicality or get a few years in some open jail and get out in time to enjoy his ill gotten gains and retire to some tropical paradise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,493 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

How long will this case drag on thorugh the courts only for Fitzpatrick to get off on a technicality or get a few years in some open jail and get out in time to enjoy his ill gotten gains and retire to some tropical paradise.

[solicitor]How can poor Mr. Sean FitzPatrick get a fair trial in this country when he's been demonised by the Media.[/solicitor]

Advertisement