Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sean Fitzpatrick Arrested

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭hooradiation

Christ how long did that take exactly? Months? Years? to just arrest and charge him.

It's usually a bad idea to just arrest someone for the hell of it.
    Due process, building a case and all that takes ti... ahh who the fuck am i kidding, you don't care.

Rabble rabble rabble, burn the witch!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭podgemonster

Would totally turn a blind eye if Sean Fitzpatrick 'accidently' fell down the stairs of the police station and landed awkwardly on some batons.
    Karma comes back around like!

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭zootroid

It's usually a bad idea to just arrest someone for the hell of it.
    Due process, building a case and all that takes ti... ahh who the fuck am i kidding, you don't care.

Rabble rabble rabble, burn the witch!

That's fair enough, but everyone is aware of the details, the dodgy transfers between Anglo and Irish Life, the golden circle loans to prop up the share price, and his own loans that weren't disclosed. If everyone is aware of this, why is it taking so long to build a case?

So is he paying back that massive loan he took out? If he is, did he do anything else?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭hooradiation

zootroid wrote: »
    That's fair enough, but everyone is aware of the details, the dodgy transfers between Anglo and Irish Life, the golden circle loans to prop up the share price, and his own loans that weren't disclosed. If everyone is aware of this, why is it taking so long to build a case?

Everybody is aware of sweet fuck all.

Just because people think they know what was happening doesn't mean that they do or that there has been enough actual evidence to get a conviction for ages and people were just...waiting for some reason.

If they tore in with what the public thinks is the sum of the case then it would have thrown out and we'd have people bitching about how he "got off an technicality", which is a myth in of itself, but that's for another day.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Jules1977

Well it is about time ! I am delighted ! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

So is he paying back that massive loan he took out? If he is, did he do anything else?
    Probably. You can't just arrest someone to take them in for questioning...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

whivch part of that is illegal? do you know? i dont i imagine that the only part of what you listed that might be illegal is the loans to prop up share prices or the loans he took o buy his own shares. i have a feeling that he has been arrested and is being questioned for something we havnt heard about yet

i hope he does go to jail but mentioning him in the same sentence as bernie madoff is stupid

What! He had it coming to him so he did. I mean he is the reason why the country is in the state its in but lets not get into a long debate about that. :)Julie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭rolion

I bet my wages that he won't feel nothing and he will walk free with some silly punishment ! ! Where do we think those loans went !? To one like me ? I'm No one/No Name in the high,posh society ! ! I'm struggling to pay my damn bills,other are still enjoying high style on plastic money / carton-paper moneys...

He will be accused,he will not talk,the big boys will cover him and ... happy days !'cause if he talks,the old boys network will be heavily hit !

It happened in the past,is happening and it will happen in the future !
    (I hope until 2012)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Wreck

Jules1977 wrote: »
    What! He had it coming to him so he did. I mean he is the reason why the country is in the state its in but lets not get into a long debate about that. :)Julie

Eh no he's not. He has most almost certainly broken the law, and deserves to be punished, but his contribution to the current state of the economy is pretty insignificant. There are plenty of other groups who played far more important roles in ruining the country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

I know this is probably a silly question but what exactly is he being charged with.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭Muckie

He'll probably get away with it, be back in the "old boys club"
    laughing about it and drinking brandy's. What What chaps!
    Millions, billions its all up in the sky, people of he's ilk don't
    care.

Very good! Ya have it all in one! That is so true. These guys should have got jail like other countries but yep he will say nothing and be sent on his way probably. But I reckon he transferrred funds etc into his wifes name though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭MikeC101

Because cases like this are complicated, and there's lots of technicalities a case could hinge on. Add to that the fact that he's going to have the best legal team money can buy, and they'll pick holes in anything that's not exactly by the book.
    You don't want to rush things to appease the electorate, only to have the case thrown out or lost due to an oversight. Hell, how many of the "burn him, hang him, he tuk arr economy" brigade even know what he might be charged with?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Have we a date set for his exceution yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭91011

From RTE Website:

''On 18 March 2010, Gardai arrested Sean Fitzpartick at his residence in Greystones, Co. Wicklow. After a ten minute gunfight, which saw Fitzpatrick clamber to the roof of his family home shouting "Made it Ma, top of the world!", Garda negotiators enticed him down by announcing that "a three ball needs a fourth on the first tee at Druids Glen". Gardai threatening to "Go Corrib" finally convinced FitzPatrick to co-operate. FitzPatrick was lead away to a safe house in the K Club for intense interrogation.''

looks better this way :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭Teddy Chips

Bout time. An example needs to be set.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭Jaysoose

IS it weird to anybody else that this has happened when his big mate brian is off on hols?

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭zootroid

PeakOutput wrote: »
    whivch part of that is illegal? do you know? i dont i imagine that the only part of what you listed that might be illegal is the loans to prop up share prices or the loans he took o buy his own shares. i have a feeling that he has been arrested and is being questioned for something we havnt heard about yet

i hope he does go to jail but mentioning him in the same sentence as bernie madoff is stupid

The transfer between Anglo and Irish Life would definitely be illegal, they classed it as customer deposits when it was an inter bank deposit, there by making the bank look more attractive to the stock market.

I have also refrained from saying I hope he rots etc, but given that news of this broke over a year ago I think the guards are taking their time with the investigation.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

McTigs wrote: »
    I dunno, Lenihan appears to be pretty pissed off with him.

Probably stems from fitzpatricks snubbing of him and the authorities in general ever since the banking crises kicked off. He's been a right arrogant prick about the whole thing.... i'm pretty sure the waited till they had gathered enough substantial evidence before knocking on the door.

See. No. This pisses me off. Is he being arrested for breaking the law, or is he being arrested for pissing off Lenihan ? Why does one have to piss off a politian here in order to get prosecuted ? It shoudl be enough that he's broken the laws.
    Bout time. An example needs to be set.

Again. Example ? No. That implies one guy gets the book thrown at him to in order to appease public opinion and scare other thinking about commiting the same crimes, but it doesn't imply consistency in the law. A precedent shoudl be set - implying a just ruling that will be followed up in an equal manner

I'm completely lost as to what he's being charged with.. Can anyone fill me in before this thread turns into even more tripe?

We could go on and on and chat about this fecker !!!! :-)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

It wad quoted somewhere in the politics section that we have to still put another 10 BILLION into this mess he's part of.
    The least he can do is be called to account.

Brief history: http://www.finfacts.ie/irishfinancenews/article_1015573.shtml

I'm completely lost as to what he's being charged with.. Can anyone fill me in before this thread turns into even more tripe?
    He hasn't been charged with anything yet. He's only been arrested on suspicion of something. We're unlikely to find out what that something is unless he's charged with it.

Biggins wrote: »
    It wad quoted somewhere in the politics section that we have to still put another 10 BILLION into this mess he's part of.
    The least he can do is be called to account.

Brief history: http://www.finfacts.ie/irishfinancenews/article_1015573.shtml

Doesn't really tally in with the below.
    Have we a date set for his exceution yet?

seamus wrote: »
    He hasn't been charged with anything yet. He's only been arrested on suspicion of something. We're unlikely to find out what that something is unless he's charged with it.

So you'd agree the 4 pages of this thread are complete horse-shit?

:pac:
    It's AH!
    Enter if you dare and take your chances... :pac:

No, horse-**** contains some nutrients and goodness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

It's only 2 pages if you change the "Show number of posts per page" setting to 40.

• Advertisement

69 wrote: »
    It's only 2 pages if you change the "Show number of posts per page" setting to 40.

Tru da. :cool:

Advertisement