Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sean Fitzpatrick Arrested

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

The man gets the blame for everything.

Everyone who participated in the property craze holds some responsibility for the mess the banks are in.

I didn't participate - and I'm still paying - so is my daughter - for the mess he PERSONALLY created with his bank!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭kravmaga

Way too late.....horse bolted well over ayear ago.

Indeed I am sure Seanie Fitz already shredded all hard copy files and got rid of any documentary evidence which may or may not be used against him at his home and in Anglo Irish offices in the city..

Why are the authorities in this country so slowwwww to act in this.

Detectives only searching his home now......what a joke...

This is all a Public relations excercise for the public....no teeth

Maybe we should have a model based on Poland's CBA.

http://www.masterpage.com.pl/business/anti-corruption-bureau.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭MrMatisse

not true.

(Refers too two posts ago)

4 OF THE “GOLDEN CIRCLE” REVEALED

Gerry Gannon
    Joe O’Reilly
    Seamus Ross
    Jerry Conlan

Ssshhh, it’s a secret- All Fianna Fail supporters

Gerry Gannon

Who is Gerry Gannon?(A registered FF contributor)
    Co-owns the K-Club in Straffan, County Kildare with Michael Smurfit.
    He is the founder of Gannon Homes properties and owns a large amount of land in north and south Dublin.

Joe O’Reilly(Involved in suspect dealings with late FF TD Liam Lawlor)

Who is Joe O’Reilly?(not the wife killer)
    Developer of the € 1 billion euro Dundrum town shopping centre.
    His company, Castlethorn, plans to build a €1.2 billion new town in Adamstown, west Dublin.
    He also plans a mixed-use development on O’Connell Street in Dublin.

Seamus Ross(Mr.Galway Tent!!! & regular donator to Fianna Fail)

Who is Seamus Ross?
    Founder of Menolly homes, the country’s biggest homebuilders.
    Oh, and don’t forget he also owns Dunboyne castle in Co. Meath.
    In 2003, Mr. Ross made headlines when he told the planning tribunal, he paid Fianna Fail TD Liam Lawlor €40,000 to get the postal address of a housing development changed from Clondalkin to Lucan. The change enhanced the value his homes by up to €5,000 per house.
    Jerry Conlan
    I think you’ll be able to tell who’s Jerry
    Who is Jerry Conlan?
    Sold 400 acres of land in Naas in Co. Kildare (including his millenium business park) for €300 million euro in 2006.
    Used the proceeds of sale to found the Mount Carmel medical group private hospital.
    He’s been described by his fellow Kildare man Charlie McCreevy as someone who ‘believes in doing everything to the highest standards’
    His business partner is staunch fianna fail supporter Richard Conroy.

Get back to work lazy Irish PAYE workers.
    Do you not know the Golden Circle’s loans have to be paid back by the little people(that’s about €200 for every worker in the country & rising with every person made unemployed)
    NO MORE BAILOUTS FOR FATCATS
    Pass this e-mail on to all your fellow workers so that they can discover the names of 4 of the 10 individuals their PAYE tax and every other tax is bailing out this week.

6 more still hidden and Fianna Fail aren't telling!
    I wonder why! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭fontanalis

People should leave the man alone.

He built a tiny bank into a big bank and like a lot of people in Ireland ,got caught up in the property boom.

People are looking for someone to blame for the mess the economy is in and he is a scapegoat.

He didnt force you to spend 300k on a tiny flat in darndale/westmeath, didnt force you to train as a carpenter/plumber, didnt tell you to borrow loads on a credit card, had nothing to do with any of it. If people were not at that craic , developers wouldnt have wanted any money and his bank wouldnt have lent as there would have been no buyers..

An alternative view.

He done as good a job at building as some of the muppets he lent money too.

not true.

(Refers too two posts ago)

??????, can you expand?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭seven-iron

He built a tiny bank into a big bank and like a lot of people in Ireland ,got caught up in the property boom.

People are looking for someone to blame for the mess the economy is in and he is a scapegoat.

He didnt force you to spend 300k on a tiny flat in darndale/westmeath, didnt force you to train as a carpenter/plumber, didnt tell you to borrow loads on a credit card, had nothing to do with any of it. If people were not at that craic , developers wouldnt have wanted any money and his bank wouldnt have lent as there would have been no buyers..

An alternative view

Couldnt agree more. He shouldnt have been made a national hate figure. Everyone is partly responsible for the situation we are in.

Its not his fault. He made some mistakes, critical mistakes but lets not dwell on it. Theres absolutely no logical reason to seek him out as a scape goat.

seven-iron wrote: »
    Couldnt agree more. He shouldnt have been made a national hate figure. Everyone is partly responsible for the situation we are in.

Its not his fault. He made some mistakes, critical mistakes but lets not dwell on it. Theres absolutely no logical reason to seek him out as a scape goat.

Just a few mistakes. €150 million of them.
    http://www.finfacts.ie/irishfinancenews/article_1015573.shtml

Thats 15 times the money that is needed to keep childrens wards and theatres open at one hospital alone.
    Instead of it going to Crumlin or anything similar - its gone to fill the hole he created!

But hey, don't let the actual facts of what he personally did, come between the PR spin!

Apart from the fact that Anglo is a black hole swallowing tax payers moeny!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,493 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Scape goat??

He fixed the books in order to manipulate the banks stock price. This is something you go to jail for.

An alternative view.

Are you in the financial sector? mmmm

Sounds like it.......

Why shouldnt Seanie Fitz be made accountable for his actions....?

Would you let him off and just say , "ah sure Seanie thats grand , slap on the shoulder, dont worry about it.....now watch this drive...

Get real dude

€150 million of them.

It's not illegal to borrow money.
    thats 15 times the money that is needed to keep childrens wards and theatres open at one hospital alone.
    Instead of it going to Crumlin or anything similar - its gone to fill the hole he created!

So he's responsible for the HSE's inadequacies now too...
    Apart from the fact that Anglo is a black hole swallowing tax payers moeny!(sic)

What about BoI, AIB and Irish Nationwide?

No, it not - but the methods used in order to borrow that money are now under investigation. Cooking the books?
    And that, no matter what way it is spun, is the fact - or why did he bother his backside resigning in the first place if he absolutely did nothing wrong?

His own actions betray his own feelings.

So he's responsible for the HSE's inadequacies now too...

What about BoI, AIB and Irish Nationwide?

Them too, but Anglo was pure house of cards!

Cooking the books?

What does cook the books mean. I never came across that term. Coming from a former accountant and a current analyst & money manager. Generalisations arent sufficient evidence to send someone to jail. We need to take a step back here folks. Lets not get to brash.

What does cook the books mean. I never came across that term. Coming from a former accountant and a current analyst & money manager. Generalisations arent sufficient evidence to send someone to jail. We need to take a step back here folks. Lets not get to brash.
    You've never heard of "cooking the books". SERIOUSLY???
    You need to get out more because it a well, well known phrase.
    O' and I studied Business Management and Accountancy with the IATI in Pembroke road!

Ernst & Young? :D

Then explain it if its well known. What consitutes cooking them? how do you know exactly what he did? Where you an accountant in Anglo. And what about the auditors. Are they too devoid of blame?

Ernst & Young? biggrin.gif

haha but no!

• Advertisement

Then explain it if its well known. What consitutes cooking them?
    Do your own homework. Your on the internet for gods sake man!

O' and I studied Business Management and Accountancy with the IATI in Pembroke road!

very good. i think our secretary studied with them too.

very good. i think our secretary studied with them too.
    A full three years. Fair play to her.

Then explain it if its well known. What consitutes cooking them? how do you know exactly what he did? Where you an accountant in Anglo. And what about the auditors. Are they too devoid of blame?

Do you actually remember Generally Accepted Accounting Principles?

Do your own homework. Your on the internet for gods sake man!

Im a professional. I dont do my research on the internet.

O please! Now your just being silly.
    You can't be bothered to look something up on the internet but your willing to strangely let someone from the same internet, tell you what it means!
    How stupid do you think we are and how daft do you think your own words are making you look!

Where do you do it? I cant believe a professionial has never heard of the term "cooking the books". I think my dog knows what it means.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭donkey balls

jaysus if you never heard the saying cooking the books i would not let you manage my money:rolleyes: i dont work in banking and i know the saying as it is used within the aviation sector

All I am saying is provide the facts in the cold light of day instead of any IATI joe throwing out terms like cook the books?

• Advertisement

All I am saying is provide the facts in the cold light of day instead of any IATI joe throwing out terms like cook the books?
    Then state the facts as you see them, not come out with the rubbish you've spun so far.
    O' and the name is not "Joe" - its Biggins and I'm a professional too!

I just use common terminology so that this old head is still up to-date with common vocabulary and others at least know what the hell the rest of us is on about.
    You need to get out more and learn some average well used terminology. It comes in handy when listening to a new potential or established client.

Advertisement