Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sean Fitzpatrick Arrested

Options
12346»

Comments

murrayp4 wrote: »
    Cases like this tend to be complicated. Its no surprise that the Gardaí want the DPP to look at it before any charges are preferred.

Exactly. I wouldn't go jumping to conclusions just yet..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 852 ✭✭✭moonpurple

will he repatriate some of the funds from overseas that he borrowed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭sagat2

Jolly good, Seany will be able to make our scheduled tee time at Greystones Golf Club followed by Champaign and Caviar on the lawn.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

Won't be happy until we see him being led out of the house with the cuffs on - in true US style;)

The Perp Walk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭seven-iron

To everyone here last night, how come he wasnt charged if he "cooked the books"??

Just shows how much you know with your expert analysis and deep knowledge of accounting & company law.

EDIT: if he wants to play golf thats his business. spiteful git

• Advertisement

Saw him being picked up by his son (I think) in a golf outside the Garda station. Was obviously all "Whatever you do, don't ****ing pick me up in the Bentley!!"

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

MaybeLogic wrote: »
    May he rot in his cell, before he is questioned and then released without charge, later on today.

lol you called it right. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

seven-iron why are you defending him ? Related to him or just in the banking business ?

God no to both.
    Im not defending him. I just dont understand the way a load of people here are saying things like hope he rots in jail. and that he cooked the books. The chances are that we havent got a clue what happened. yes he was greedy but dont blame him for your problems. People make their own luck and bashing people like him and others isnt going help you resolve your own situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭The Aussie

seven-iron wrote: »
    "cooked the books"??

You Google it yet, did Jamie Oliver pop up...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

People like him caused the problems. The across the board greed of developers forced home prices, note I didn't say house prices, up and him and his cronies advanced massive loans to people who couldn't afford them but deparately needed them. They stroked every penny they could by land grabbing and re-zoning hand-in-hand with corrupt councillors and TDs. Now the smoke and mirrors game is up and the only people left holding the can are the poor unfortunates that were ripped off in the first place.

Did I miss anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

69 wrote: »
    Now the smoke and mirrors game is up and the only people left holding the can are the poor unfortunates that were ripped off in the first place.

the taxpayers.

actually this picture reminds me of the whole thing...

http://www.cartoonstock.com/lowres/jfa2210l.jpg

The Aussie
    You Google it yet, did Jamie Oliver pop up...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Grimreaper666

Fitzpatricks passport should be taken off him while he being investigated, I wouldn't be one bit surprised if he legs it out of the country as that's where his money's stashed.

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭nicegirl

Bit of a gimp isn't he?! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭mox54

he's still a very wealthy man after all and will be laughing his head off at us laughing at him if he gets away with this......it's shameful robbery and deception and corruption and greed all mixed into a single entity called anglo and he ran the shop so must pay the price surely:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Grimreaper666

mox54 wrote: »
    he's still a very wealthy man after all and will be laughing his head off at us laughing at him if he gets away with this......it's shameful robbery and deception and corruption and greed all mixed into a single entity called anglo and he ran the shop so must pay the price surely:mad:

"If"? He'll walk away from this without a blemish. He was arrested just to keep the Irish taxpayers at bay, released without charge and a file sent to the DPP who won't be in any hurry to look at his case anyway. This happened because of all the new sh!te due out from Anglo in the next few weeks. If I was him I'd be concerned for my personal safety, a lot of broken people around looking for somebody to take their frustrations out on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭Thomas828

He should suffer the same fate as Conrad Black and Jeffrey Archer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭nosco

He'll be charged in the coming months, no doubt about it. They were never going to charge him straight away before digesting his questioning. You'll get your man, don't worry.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Gekko

I don't know why, but when I saw him on the news legging it to his car, in my head I was thinking "Run, Seanie, run!!"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 davido

I can't see him legging it, didn't Conrad Gallagher get extradited over a few paintings? The government would love to have him charged if for no other reason other than to have attention deflected away from their own shoddy handling of the banking sector pre-collapse. I still can't believe some of the stunts Anglo pulled under Fitzpartick's charge. €32bn going to Nama, never mind the direct investment. It's stunning.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭Millicent

seven-iron wrote: »
    God no to both.
    Im not defending him. I just dont understand the way a load of people here are saying things like hope he rots in jail. and that he cooked the books. The chances are that we havent got a clue what happened. yes he was greedy but dont blame him for your problems. People make their own luck and bashing people like him and others isnt going help you resolve your own situation.

Who's blaming him for our problems? People are blaming him for Anglo's problems.

Seany sure as hell "made" his own luck using, if nothing illegal, shady and unethical business practices. So people should just bow down and accept that because they at one time spent too much on their credit cards? What a load of BS. And as for helping to resolve our own situations, holding cowboys like Sean Fitzpatrick accountable for their crony-istic and ethically unsound lending practices does help our situation if it makes the next one think twice before they pervert a sitaution to suit their own interests.

I'm having a hard time believing this post is real to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭happyfriday74

Check this out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdZZ73bMOXs

You can hear some numpty standing around for the heckling making stupid comments. First the guy goes " Is that him" when he walks out and then the same guy says he was a former AIB banker, I love it when people show up to the mob gatherings not having a clue what they are on about!

By all means the guy deserves a heckling but at least knwo what your talking about before doing it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

ah ill-informed mobs are the best

what id have given for the gardai to stop SF at the entrance to the public road and question him for wearing no seatbelt

Advertisement