Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nokia 5800 and 5530?

• 18-03-2010 11:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭

Is there much of a difference between these two handsets? I've looked at the specs and I can't see much of a difference

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

The 5530 is not a 3G handset, so if you do a lot of internet usage on the networks data connection the 5800 is a better buy.

If you use wifi mostly, then the 5530 is fine. If you are on o2 or meteor you have use the 5530 and get 'Edge' speeds, which are ok for internet browsing just not as good as 3G would be. Clear as mud :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭ec18

ah thanks :) the o2 website has the 5530 listed as 3g thats where the confusion started

ec18 wrote: »
    ah thanks :) the o2 website has the 5530 listed as 3g thats where the confusion started

Ah i see. Networks do that a lot, they automatically assume all handsets are 3G now :rolleyes:

Just to add, that if you plan using it on o2, edge speeds would be fine for light internet usage

• Registered Users Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭ec18

yeah only use the mobile web for facebook and checking email nothing major

I was just looking at the o2 site, and the person who was doing the info for the site was someone with an understanding of phone networks they would have spotted it.

In the 'phone overview' tab they have 3G ticked, yet in the 'Specs' tab, they connectivity is marked as Gsm bands only :pac:

Cant even get the simple things right :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭StaunchyDJ

ec18 wrote: »
    Is there much of a difference between these two handsets? I've looked at the specs and I can't see much of a difference

Check out a side by side comparison here... http://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=2537&idPhone2=2832

GSM Arena is one of the best sites for checking out new, old or up-coming phones also great for comparing as yea can see... ;)

Advertisement