Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

4fm Cuts And Job Losses

• 18-03-2010 11:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 31

Sorry To Hear That Kerry Graye has lost her Job At 4fm.I got news on Tuesday.Everyone in 4fm were called in individually for a chat.Kerry & The administration manager were let Go and the Rest Were told of pay Cuts.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Well that didn't take long. I can't listen to the faux-national channel except on the web but it appears its neither fish nor foul and its not finding an audience.

Christ on a bike I'm listening right now, the newsreader "Kathy" appears not to have ever seen the names of anyone in her script before she read the news headlines.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 674 ✭✭✭Southsider1

It's a shame really. They play really good music but maybe there's too much talk? Also it sounds fairly similar to Q102.

So how will Nova manage if the market is knackered?

I thought the 'relaxed but smart talk' was supposed to be the selling point with music the support act?

Maybe so. In fairness their talk content seems far more intellegent than Newstalk's.

What's the logic with the 'quasi' licence? Surely if they're almost nationwide the BCI should just have granted a national licence and have done with it?

Thats discussed in this thread.

• Advertisement

Mad, isn't it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 471 ✭✭Cunsiderthis

When I consider the enormous amount of advertising RTE has done for Tubridy on the radio over he past couple of years ( it would be interesting to learn just how many adverts they have run as I seem to hear ads of RTE for Tubridy every day for a couple of years now), and the amount of advertising 4fm got, it shows that RTE is more interested in personalities than content.

More does not mean better, and every time I logged into 4FM the content seemed pretty poor and there seemed to be very little for anyone of average or above average intelligence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

I'm not being funny but i'd never even heard of 4FM until I read this thread just now. Do they advertised...?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

eth0_ wrote: »
    I'm not being funny but i'd never even heard of 4FM until I read this thread just now. Do they advertised...?

Similar boat here, I just forgot about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

When I consider the enormous amount of advertising RTE has done for Tubridy on the radio over he past couple of years ( it would be interesting to learn just how many adverts they have run as I seem to hear ads of RTE for Tubridy every day for a couple of years now), and the amount of advertising 4fm got, it shows that RTE is more interested in personalities than content.

?? What is this about ? :confused: What do you think 4fm have to do with RTE or Tubridy ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43 Blackjackdavey

Sorry to hear about people losing their jobs and pay cuts in an industry already so small in this country to begin with.

However, I didn't 'get' 4FM what their target audience was or their USP-

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,593 ✭✭✭✭L1011

I'm getting shades of the original Radio Ireland from what 4FM is trying to be

That didn't work *with* nationwide coverage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 471 ✭✭Cunsiderthis

Liam Byrne wrote: »
    ?? What is this about ? :confused: What do you think 4fm have to do with RTE or Tubridy ?

What is this about? Why do you think I think 4fm have anything to do with Ryan tubridy?

Advertisement