Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changing SVN URL in Eclipse?

Options
  • 18-03-2010 12:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

Just wondering if anyone can help me here. I have a java project in Eclipse, and I need to change the URL of it's SVN repository, but can't seem to figure it out!

My old url was e.g. svn://hello.com/someFolder/project and now i need it to be svn://hello.com/project.

The problem is the old repository no longer exists, and i have the most recent code locally on my laptop. But I can't see how to just tell the project that the URL has changed and is now X, and to commit in there!

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭lynchie

Under the SVN repository view right click and select relocate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭thirtythirty

Hi, ye I tried that but I get an error saying:

Inter-repository relocation not allowed
    svn: The repository at 'svn://hello.com/project' has uuid '18e1c403-9d2f-8043-a022-5fd9ce1a1516', but the WC has 'b5af584c-5825-544c-bdb9-e3ab90a0b512'

Any ideas? Thanks

I can only suggest you try the svn switch --relocate command using a svn command line client to see if that sorts it.

Is there a command to make it ignore the UUID?

I don't know anything about SVN - only just started using it, could you show me the exact command i'd have to input somewhere then?

Thanks

I'm a little lost.. Who changed the repository originally and how did they move it? I assume it was done suing a svn move command? If thats the case then just download a svn windows client (assuming ur on windows) and execute the command

svn switch --relocate svn://hello.com/someFolder/project svn://hello.com/project

• Advertisement

Im extremely lost! It's such a c.rap system - how hard is it to just commit what you want to commit!

I downloaded tortoise and i get the same message when i try to relocate:
    svn: The repository at 'svn://hello.com/project' has uuid '18e1c403-9d2f-8043-a022-5fd9ce1a1516', but the WC has 'b5af584c-5825-544c-bdb9-e3ab90a0b512'

Is there no button just to say "ignore the stupid uuid and commit / overwrite what is currently in the repository"?

What are my options? I don't want to be stuck with this on my laptop unable to commit it..? Sorry for the persistance btw!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭Tobias Greeshman

Maybe the svnadmin setuuid may be of help (assuming you've admin rights on the reposititory).

try this link: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1678272/tortoise-svn-relocate-to-new-repository

Ah, i think setting manual uuid should sort it!

Advertisement