Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ashford Castle

Options
  • 18-03-2010 12:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭

Hi,

does anyone know if it is possible to go view the grounds of Ashford Castle and if so what are their opening hours?

thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭steph1

Have a look at this site it may be of help.

http://www.ashford.ie/index.php

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭abbey2000

i walk my two dogs there regularly... you can go in anytime during the day as far as I know. Note that during the summer they charge for entry to the grounds...last year it was €5 for an adult and €3 for a child. The grounds are beautiful, lots of nice walks around there.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭mayfire

abbey2000 wrote: »
    i walk my two dogs there regularly... you can go in anytime during the day as far as I know. Note that during the summer they charge for entry to the grounds...last year it was €5 for an adult and €3 for a child. The grounds are beautiful, lots of nice walks around there.

This time of the year you can just go straight in. I was there in August and there was no charge then. While I was driving through decided to go inside with my wife and had a drink there, no problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Esroh

As said above no charge until the summer months but you can avoid this by

Walking in from the Abbey by going over the footbridge and through the woods.
    Or going to Ard na Gaoithe woods and walking back along the trail that runs along the lake shore

Over all the Gardens are ok but not worth paying money to see. The charge is really to try and keep the no. of people down so the Guests feel they are staying somewhere exclusive

Advertisement