Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DVR Channel interference and UPC

• 18-03-2010 12:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭

Has anyone come across a recent problem with UPC interfering on their (in our case Phillips) DVD/VCR player channel? The DVD player uses 541 MHz and a channel (seems to be a test channel with 2 vertical white bars) is coming in about 543 MHz taking out the other. Unplugging the aerial fixes the problem.

Rang UPC who said "in no way could any of their channels cause this problem" but when I explained that my mother who has the same DVD/VCR has the same problem and it happened at the same time...

They are sending out a tech but will charge €50 if not their fault.

Is anyone else in the same boat?

Comments

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,041 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

They have been using that test channel for about 4 weeks now, how I know this is because I have my Sky+ box set up to operate on RF40 and their test channel totally blew out my Sky rf channel. What I was able to do was change the rf on the Sky+ box to 45 and that sorted mine out.

I was going to move this to the cable forum but I have just noticed that you posted it there aswell, as they seem to answer your question I am going to close this one.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement