Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Land Preperation

Options
  • 18-03-2010 12:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭

I've a large overgrown area at the back of my house, its about 1/4 acre.

Its overgrown and the ground is full of rocks

I would like to do something with it, ie clear it off and level it out and set up veg plots, play area, etc.

could someone please advise me on the best action to take and roughly how much it would cost.

I was thinking about digging down 4 feet because of all the rocks and filling it with topsoil?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 wildlandscape

You have great plans and its can be done for the right price. Ask local landscapers for quotes (be sure that quote includes removal of rocks and delivery of top soil). It will be expensive unless you get the tough work done by professionals (i.e. the clearing f the site and new lawn) and you undertake creating raised beds, flower beds and play area in stages thereafter.

Go with a landscaper that was trained so that you have a guarantee that you get a good lawn in place and rubble removed in a legal way (not dumped). Good luck and work in stages over time – thats the most cost effective way.

Advertisement