Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Going to Trade Show in Harrogate

• 18-03-2010 12:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Hi Everyone This is my first trade show, its the nursery fair in Harrogate. Could anybody gave me a few tips or pointers. Im a complete novice. :(

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Buttercake

Are you going as an attendee or exhibitor?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 galwaylady

hi buttercake im going as a exhibitor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭LauraOrlagh

+1 and do you have your own company to promote or as you attending as an employee?

im going as a employee for the company and the nerves are hiting :(

Aw well first things are nearly always nerve-wrecking but basically I think the most important thing to remember at Trade-shows is to smile and look inviting - nobody is gonna wanna come over and talk to you if you're sitting there looking bored.
    Try your best to stay standing and chat to whoever you can as they pass, I know it's hard when you're nervous but try and at least act confident even if you don't feel that way - people are drawn to confident people.
    Also, its important not to try and oversell what you're there to represent - try and ease into conversations with people by talking about St. Patrick's day or something topical and usually they will then ask about your business and what ye do - it's always better to let people ask then to bombard them with information they may not be interested in. Finally.. remember to relax - at the end of the day you wouldn't have been sent to the Trade show by your boss if he/she didn't think you were capable of representing the company well enough - so enjoy your first trade show and don't let your nerves get the better of you :) I hope this helps at least a little ;)

• Advertisement

thanks so much lauraorlagh confidence is key!

galwaylady wrote: »
    thanks so much lauraorlagh confidence is key!

No problem at all, I remember going to my first Tradeshow and how nervous I was and all of the great support I got from everyone so I'm just spreading the support on to you now - you'll do great :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Buttercake

Aw well first things are nearly always nerve-wrecking but basically I think the most important thing to remember at Trade-shows is to smile and look inviting - nobody is gonna wanna come over and talk to you if you're sitting there looking bored.
    Try your best to stay standing and chat to whoever you can as they pass, I know it's hard when you're nervous but try and at least act confident even if you don't feel that way - people are drawn to confident people.
    Also, its important not to try and oversell what you're there to represent - try and ease into conversations with people by talking about St. Patrick's day or something topical and usually they will then ask about your business and what ye do - it's always better to let people ask then to bombard them with information they may not be interested in. Finally.. remember to relax - at the end of the day you wouldn't have been sent to the Trade show by your boss if he/she didn't think you were capable of representing the company well enough - so enjoy your first trade show and don't let your nerves get the better of you :) I hope this helps at least a little ;)

Excellent advice here

Smile . Smile . Smile and you'll be fine!

Advertisement