Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway area connections?

Options
  • 18-03-2010 1:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

I apologize to the moderators here if I overstepped by posting here--just seemed like a good place to try to connect with people.

I'm an American indie film film guy in the Galway area for a while. I was pretty active in the small but close-knit Boston film community back home, and I wanted to reach out to the local community in Galway while I'm here. I've looked the many online resources/web sites available, but I thought it'd be a good idea to try to connect with people here too.

I'm primarily an actor/screenwriter, but I've started directing recently (one short is in post right now, another two shorts and a feature are in pre-pro and I'll be heading back to Boston a couple of times to shoot later this year), and I've done some casting directing as well (which I always found incredibly fun).

I'm really not what you'd call technically proficient (my favorite editor/sound guy, when I'm directing, loves to turn to the rest of the crew and announce "let me translate what he just said for those of us who actually went to film school") but I can hold a boom pole as well as the next guy in a pinch.

Anyway--I wanted to post something in case anyone would find an American-accented actor useful, or need someone with casting director or scriptwriting experience (or heck, even to just talk shop!). Thanks for listening,
    -matt

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭keefg

Hi Matt,

Check out the Irish Filmmakers Network, they have a private forum set up just for Galway filmmakers, actors etc. All you have to do is join up with the forum (it's free) and ask for access to the Galway section.

Good luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 bostonfilm

Thanks a million for pointing me in the right direction--I hadn't found that site yet!

Advertisement