Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dog digging up the garden

Options
  • 18-03-2010 2:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭

any ideas on how to get him to stop?the lawn is wrecked from him :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭Amzie

with some dogs it can be a phase that some grow out of other dogs just love to dig and dig, kind from boredom!! my samoyed absolutely wreaked my mums garden and we had to get a run for him. You could alway get a sandpit for him to dig in and praise him when he digs there and obviously tell him off when he digs elsewhere, It might work???:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

give him some toys....he's bored...

i give mine a 2ltr bottle with some treats in it twice a week...punch some holes in the bottle to let the smell of the treats out...keeps her busy for hours...

i also gave her a full sizer soccer ball...she spends hours trying to figure out why she cant bite it :P

when refilling the holes...

a) put some pepper on them....be sure to leave out some water
    b) gather up some of his S*it and place it on top of the refilled hole....

i found b works a treat....my dog took a liking to the pepper and i had to refill some of the holes twice..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

He has a LOT of energy... how much do you walk your dog? How much exercise does he get? Some dogs are just so energetic. Definately get some durable toys to play with.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

What kind of dog is he?

Some types just can't help themselves :D

78310.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭sunshiner

thanks guys, ill get him some toys.he is a collie lurcher cross. i play with him all the time, frisbee and fetch he also has a collie companion and they play non stop she never digs. they are walked most days.i have acres of space so and they run around alot.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

My dog is a collie labrador cross, she digs the place to bits no matter how much play or walks she gets. If we give her any treats she goes straight outside and buries it, idiot :rolleyes:

Advertisement