Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Young Farmers Development Group Meeting

Options
  • 18-03-2010 2:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭

Hi all. Just to let you know and possibly for you to let you're farming friends know:

Louth Young Farmer Development Group is holding a meeting with the Irish Farm Accountants [IFAC] on Wednesday 24th March. It will be held in Bellingham Castle, begin at 8 o'clock and there will be speakers on taxation, specifically earning more income by paying less taxation, and on having and putting a farm plan in place.

All are welcome to attend - from Louth and surrounding areas. No charge on the night. Refreshments on the night and a complementary steak of your choice on the night (joking! :pac: )

Any questions please fire ahead.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭whelan1

what age is a young farmer ?

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭DagneyTaggart

17-35 whelan.

Everyone is welcome to attend. Under 35, over 35, Louth, Meath, France :pac:

Coming?

i am 36 :eek:, never heard of louth young farmer development group whats the story with it

Louth Young Farmers Development Group is basically just a name given to a group of farmers that meet up and talk about different areas of farming. It runs under the wider umbrella of Louth Macra Na Feirme.

The group was set up some years ago and meetings were held informally every two months or so. It then lost it's way a little and the meetings died down. However, I am doing what I can to revive the group.

IFAC teamed up with Macra Na Feirme recently and they are holding talks in different counties around the country on either (i) Taxation and Planning, or (ii) Benchmarking. I choose the first of those as it's a reasonably topical one and likely to get more and more important in the coming years. I'm hoping that the speakers will be able to answer questions on benching marking to, but it's not what they will primarily be there for.

This is the first meeting of what I hope will become a regular event: hopefully every 6-8 weeks if all goes well and meeting generate discussion and get farmers thinking more about what they do, why they do it, and what's out there to make it more profitable: as that's what it's all about at the end of the day. Saying that hobby farmers are also invited to this, and to any future meeting.

Louth Macra is going well at the minute and I'm hoping that this meeting will get off to a good start and we will have a good attendence and a good noisey chat.

Does that give you a good idea of where things are at the moment Whelan?

coolio ... have you much interest

• Advertisement

At the moment there is interest but the job I have between now and Wednesday is to get the word out so that there is broader interest and then I hoping that will translate itself into a crowd of twenty or so farmers on the night. I would count that a success as people are busy and time is precious.

Advertisement