Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Allotments Old Tramore Road

Options
  • 18-03-2010 2:52pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Anybody got any info on the Allotments on the old Tramore Road? Was told they had an ad in the News and Star last week but i can't see it there. Might be interested if the price wasn't too expensive.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

there' a sign with contact tel number at the tesco ardkeen roundabout

• Registered Users Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

Yeah there the ones in Ballinamona is it?

http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/gardening/1185244

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,488 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

250e, there goes ANY saving you'd make from growing your veg imho...unless your growing a massive amount :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭deisemum

Yeah it's expensive alright. I've opted for raised beds and containers/sacks in my garden instead.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,488 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

deisemum wrote: »
    Yeah it's expensive alright. I've opted for raised beds and containers/sacks in my garden instead.

I've not done raised beds myself yet but I'm using those patio planters with pretty good success so far, started last year and have expanded 3x this year and increased the variety of what I'm growing :)

• Advertisement

Cabaal wrote: »
    I've not done raised beds myself yet but I'm using those patio planters with pretty good success so far, started last year and have expanded 3x this year and increased the variety of what I'm growing :)

Woodies are holding horticultural clinics this coming Saturday morning at 11am, GIY Tramore are holding a "Growing Vegetables in Containers" on 14th April. For those with allotments or have the room they're also hosting a one day training course on "How to build a polytunnel for under €250" this coming Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭next

deisemum wrote: »
    Woodies are holding horticultural clinics this coming Saturday morning at 11am, GIY Tramore are holding a "Growing Vegetables in Containers" on 14th April.
    who do we contact about this ?

next wrote: »

More info on http://www.giyireland.com/group.php?group_id=20

next wrote: »

You can just turn up at Woodies, same with the Tramore GIY meeting which will be held in The Grand Hotel at 7.30pm. I'm involved in the Tramore GIY group and sometimes make the city meetings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Cabaal wrote: »
    250e, there goes ANY saving you'd make from growing your veg imho...unless your growing a massive amount :rolleyes:

I thought the whole point of an allotment was that it's a refuge from family.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭BBM77

Sorry for resurrecting an old thread.

Does anybody know if the Ballinamona Allotments are still in operation? If so where I can get contact details. Anything I found online is from 2010.

Thanks.

Advertisement