Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garden rotovation

Options
  • 18-03-2010 3:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭

I rotovated my back garden yesterday which seemed like a great idea when I was just talking about doing it ! ! ! my back is still sore . I have never done this before so have no idea whether I have done a good job or not so looking for some opinions . Basically I took out alot of stones though there is way more still there than I took out , I could walk around the garden for a week and still not get them all out so I am wondering how important is it to get all teh stones out ?

Before I began the job I imagined what it should look like finished and it doesn't look like that now ! I thought when it was finished I wouldn't see any grass but there is still alot of grass around , although it's dislodged and spread out all over the place . Is this a problem ? or will this grass die off ?

and one more question is roll out grass much more expensive than it would be to put down top soil and re seed to cover any area roughly 20 x 20ft ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Lasereye

the best option would be a to do both, but get a profeesional to lay lawn, on a recent qoute of this simaler sized area it was about 200 for the lawn 100 for the top soil

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭blackharvester

the best idea is remove all stones from the soil, then buy some top soil and mix with the soil in your garden and make level. and then you can lay down lawn. it is the quick way to get nice garden. grass seeds need more time to grow. I am not sure about the price but I think the one roll of lawn cost about 5e ( size 35cm x 120cm) in garden center in tallagh. the top soil cost about 6e bag (80liters)
    If you dont wont do this job yourself I am experienced in laying lawn. so I can do this job for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Carra23

Cheers for the advice, I think I will price both options and decide then.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭blackharvester

I am sorry I was wrong, the price is 3.5e for one roll (size 180cm by 40cm). this is the price from one place in tallagh. so for your garden 20 x20ft(6.1m x 6.1meter) it will not be so expensive. you need about 55 rolls of lawn. 55 rolls x 3.5e= 192e forl the lawn. and then about 7 bags of top soil. so everything what you need you can buy for less than 250e. the grass seeds will be cheaper of course, but then you will not get green garden in one day

Advertisement