Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Unofficial Pokémon HeartGold SoulSilver Launch Party

• 18-03-2010 3:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 866 ✭✭✭

The Unofficial Pokémon HeartGold SoulSilver Launch Party

I'm going to attempt to run this despite various fail runs in the past. What I'm planning is a meet up early, yes before 11.00am early. Pick up our Pre-orders and sit in a café and play them while chatting. If people can't make the Friday, then I will do a special on the Saturday for those that can't make the Friday, sound fair?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

needs more info... :( i'd be interested though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Maybe the best place to start would be for people to volunteer where they made their pre-orders so you can start looking at convenient cafés, and so people who haven't made their pre-orders yet know where they should be aiming for.

Regrettably, between work, the shame and giving my wife a well deserved lie in, friday and saturday would be out for me. As would any other day ending in a y.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Hmm, can I pencil myself in? I might not be getting the game on release, possibly a day or two after. I'd love to meet up but I just don't think I could handle watching all of you playing the shiny new games!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

needs more info... :( i'd be interested though

This. Failing everything, I'd just hang out with Cherry to play it. And no Cherry, you wouldn't get a choice :P

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Denny M wrote: »
    This. Failing everything, I'd just hang out with Cherry to play it. And no Cherry, you wouldn't get a choice :P

just realised im working those days :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,659 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

While it'd be interesting for a meetup for this sort of thing, I doubt I'd be in any state to go, what with a major gathering of people in town the night before, and going to Galway for the same reason the day after...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭Closed ac

I've ordered mine off Amazon & won't be able to go, the game doesn't arrive til Monday! :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Buzzthebatgirl

I'm not making any solid plans on this until I get some sort of commitment from folks. I have work on both days, so it no one is bothered to want to meet, then I'll head back to my flat and chill out.
    Hmm, can I pencil myself in? I might not be getting the game on release, possibly a day or two after. I'd love to meet up but I just don't think I could handle watching all of you playing the shiny new games!
    You can always pencil yourself in, I'm happy as long as I know you are penciled in. What I don't like is those that say they will go and then never show up -_-
    DKZ wrote: »
    I've ordered mine off Amazon & won't be able to go, the game doesn't arrive til Monday! :(
    You can always come, I'll personally be SRing for a shiny starter for ages. We can always just have a chat and coffee. Or help fill your Pokédex on DPP, or have an UnderGround party, or trade shinys, or something.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

just realised im working those days :(
    Even more reason that I won't give you a choice :P

Advertisement