Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool v Lille [Match Thread]

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,312 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

I hope we score a second sooner rather than later. Lille could nick a goal which would put us under alot of pressure to get 3. Going out on away goals (2-2) is certainly a possibility.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

last 20 minutes have been poor. Gerrard's worked harder tonight.
    Half-time team-talk - show . . . receive . . . give . . . go . . .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

opr wrote: »
    In games when other Liverpool players step up to the plate and perform Lucas will always look good as he links the play quite well. The problem more often that not is that he doesn't directly influence games with goals or assists in attacking areas. We don't need a player like that with Masch in midfield as they just don't compliment each other at all.

I actually thought that Gerrard was quite poor again against Portsmouth but the difference was Aquilani was prepared to try and play the killer pass or link up with players in the last third at every opportunity and not just play the link pass. Its funny as with some confidence Lucas has become a little more adventurous but alot of the time he looks like a duck out of water and IMO he can never become a player that works with Masch.

Opr

Maybe this match thread was the wrong thread to post this in. Lucas has had an excellent half and has been extremely offensive minded.

It's gonna be a very nervy 2nd half...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

rafa probably won't talk at half time-just go in and stand in the corner in silence. supposedly he doesn't talk to the players or tell the players wat he wants. provides them wit dossiers on opponents,dvds, has a forensic approach to tactics but forgets to tell the players exactly wat it is they should do. Or so i've heard.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Lucas Pele Levia? :eek:

Decent first half, Lille are not going to out of this unless and until Liverpool are 3 goals clear and I doubt that'll happen. Squeaky bum time (that said if its penos I'd be fairly confident)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,068 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

First 20 minutes were very good but we were quite pedestrian towards the end of the half. I dont think we created enough goal scoring opportunities either. I mean, how many saves have their keeper had to make ? Still though, a massive improvement from last week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Mr Alan wrote: »
    rafa probably won't talk at half time-just go in and stand in the corner in silence. supposedly he doesn't talk to the players or tell the players wat he wants. provides them wit dossiers on opponents,dvds, has a forensic approach to tactics but forgets to tell the players exactly wat it is they should do. Or so i've heard.

miiiiiiaow!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Stevecw

Liverpool kinda fell asleep since we scored. We need to wake up a bit for the 2nd half, they are playing as if the job is done already.
    But as someone who really does not rate Lucas, have to say he has been impressive in the 1st half!! Might be a real player hiding there somewhere after all!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

I love the commentators surprise at Lucas getting forward.

• Advertisement

last 20 minutes have been poor. Gerrard's worked harder tonight.
    Half-time team-talk - show . . . receive . . . give . . . go . . .

Indeed. We started the half by putting pressure on them and looking for space to run into and we ran the show. That changed in the second half of the half and Lille have capitalised.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Thought the commentators were a little harsh on the French lad who missed his chance. I thought he did brilliantly to get into the position and was unlucky not to score.

Interpretive dance. Definitely interpretive dance

he's been doing that all ****in season. is that lad doing his transition year work experience in the 3e studio?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Gary Kelly, who are the other 2? :confused:

I love the commentators surprise at Lucas getting forward.

If they actually watched him play this season, there are countless examples of him even being the furthest man forward in attacks. This match sums up quite nicely what he has been about this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

he's been doing that all ****in season.
    is that lad doing his transition year work experience in the 3e studio?

Thank fcuk for FIVE

IvySlayer wrote: »

The dude that can't talk? Think his name is Miguel O'Connor or something ;)

i like to think they were reading this thread and heeded to my request to watch him closely.

he's been doing that all ****in season. is that lad doing his transition year work experience in the 3e studio?

He certainly has not Alan. Its rare to see Lucas make a run like that into the box with the ball at his feet. I think his goals, assists, minutes played stats this season will prove me right in that regard.

That guy does look very young, but in fairness to him hes a lot better than plenty of other pundits you see on tv.

• Advertisement

IvySlayer wrote: »

Don't have 3e here luckily! But usually they have Jeff Kenna involved somewhere, usually as co-commentator...and he is brutal at that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭Hoki

son of a spanish sailor but id rather put my money on Boregess

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭herbieflowers

i like to think they were reading this thread and heeded to my request to watch him closely.

Off topic but, in your sig, what white shirt is Torres referring to?

Real Madrid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,857 ✭✭✭Valmont

Real Madrid I think.

Tusky wrote: »
    That guy does look very young, but in fairness to him hes a lot better than plenty of other pundits you see on tv.

He can't actually string a sentence together.

Spurs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

"Trevor's just finishing his custard cream so we'll be heading back to Anfield shortly."

Insightful stuff from 3E

God love you Gary, you do try.

• Advertisement

Tusky, he has made a few runs like that this season, and has been playing a much more advanced role this season. off the top of my head, the one where he was taken out of it for a definate peno and was instead booked for a dive. stoke away maybe?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Gary Kelly?

No, he's a famous actor, you may remember him from such films as The Three Amigos

Tusky, he has made a few runs like that this season, and has been playing a much more advanced role this season. off the top of my head, the one where he was taken out of it for a definate peno and was instead booked for a dive. stoke away maybe?

I'm not saying its never happened, I'm just saying its not been happening all season as you said. Its the exception rather than the rule, and apart from tonight it has never resulted in a goal or an assist.

i meant he was playing a more advanced role all season.

Stevecw wrote: »
    Don't have 3e here luckily! But usually they have Jeff Kenna involved somewhere, usually as co-commentator...and he is brutal at that.

One of his more memorable "contributions" I've heard him say was when Liverpool were playing Unirea when a player went down injued. "I think he wrecked his neck"
    Des wrote: »
    Gary Kelly?

No, he's a famous actor, you may remember him from such films as The Three Amigos

sport_premiereship.jpg

No more vacancy's.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,312 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

get in there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

clinical stuff by Torres.

Torres gets his goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,793 ✭✭✭✭JPA

2-0

ah Nando.

that was frighteningly composed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

hehe technically that is an assist for Babel. :)

• Advertisement

Get in, dodgy defending...but well taken goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

One more goal for Liverpool and the tie is over. Just one goal Lille...

i'd say Torres goals per minutes is frightening this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

I'm guessing ye are referring to Miguel Delaney. He is a soccer journalist with the Sunday Tribune. Tbf to the guy his writing in that paper is consistently strong.

You just knew he wasn't gonna miss there.

Legend

defensively Insua has no idea what he's doing.

not the foggiest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

johnson has not been good tonight

i'd say Torres goals per minutes is frightening this season.

Found this sonewhere

Rooney - 25 goals, 2382 minutes - Goal every 95 minutes.

Torres - 15 goals, 1474 minutes - Goal every 98 minutes.

Drogba - 21 goals, 2119 minutes - Goal every 101 minutes.

it is brilliant to see Lucas consistently making those runs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,793 ✭✭✭✭JPA

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Before tonight

Rooney - 25 goals, 2382 minutes - Goal every 95 minutes.

Torres - 15 goals, 1474 minutes - Goal every 98 minutes.

Drogba - 21 goals, 2119 minutes - Goal every 101 minutes.

Where did you get those stats?

• Advertisement
Advertisement