Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Where's nice to live in County Clare?

• 18-03-2010 3:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭

Well as the title says I am hoping to move from just outside of Limerick City to wherever is nice to live, perhaps in County Clare - ideally no more than 30 minutes drive.

- Limerick City's standard of living was never exceptional but it has been in decline for the past number of years and now I'd like to get out - as soon as possible :(

Would be looking to sell a 3 bed Semi in Suburbia for in the region of 200K (Don't know if this figure is accurate or laughable to be honest!) and then simply refinace and move without having to break the Bank....

Would like to move into a small Estate in Limerick County with a few Green areas/Playground where the Kids can play with the other Children in the Neighbourhood without any anti-social behaviour around, such as speeding cars, rubbish dumping, gangs of Scumbags loitering, broken glass on the green areas etc.

Would also like to be near some local Park like for example the way Kildimo has Curraghchase so near by etc. Also somewhere with a bit of Community spirit would be nice too - most of our friendly, approachable Neighbours seem to be Eastern European.

- Would really appreciate any help or advice you might have to offer!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Raiser wrote: »
    3 bed Semi in Suburbia for in the region of 200K

Where in Suburbia, if you don't mind me asking?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

mikom wrote: »
    Where in Suburbia, if you don't mind me asking?

PM sent.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

If you want to be close to Limerick I would imagine that Shannon would be the limit of yoru distance away, although Newmarket could be done as well. I would say that Sixmilebridge would be your best bet, maybe Kilkishan, they'd be in your price range and still nice areas (please don't flame people). I would recommend Cratloe as well, but that'd be out of your price range I'd imagine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 101 ✭✭ktc1

Ennis would have a lot to recommend itself as well(or Clarecastle) You'd have most of the amenities that are avilable inLimerick City. There are a number of estates on the Limerick Road (Westfields, Bramble Lane, etc.) with good green areas and no scobes. You'd be only a minute from the bypass and 30 minutes from Limerick. Not sure how old the kids are but Ennis does not have a decent playground for young children. We have to drive to Corofin or Kildysert for that. For older kids there is the Lee's Road complex with playing pitches, running track and a nice forest walk for the adults.
    Quin village may also be an option for a nice small community orientated place that's within striking distance of Limerick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭buck65

Quin village is nice.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

buck65 wrote: »
    Quin village is nice.
    Expensive though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭summerskin

Corofin has pretty much everything, good pubs, handy shops, playground for the kids, and only takes 35 mins into Limerick.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Raiser, have you may have noticed, most of Clare is within a short drive of Limerick, it is realistic to drive from Ennis to the Coonagh roundabout in 20 minutes. Personally, I think most parts of Clare are lovely locations and as plenty of people have said above, there are things for people to do, but saying that, there's also some "bad" areas, even in some localities there can be bad areas, so I would suggest checking out daft.ie and seeing what properties are available in your price range and taking a Sunday drive around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

Clareman wrote: »
    Raiser, have you may have noticed, most of Clare is within a short drive of Limerick, it is realistic to drive from Ennis to the Coonagh roundabout in 20 minutes. Personally, I think most parts of Clare are lovely locations and as plenty of people have said above, there are things for people to do, but saying that, there's also some "bad" areas, even in some localities there can be bad areas, so I would suggest checking out daft.ie and seeing what properties are available in your price range and taking a Sunday drive around.

Maybe in a Cessna landing on the Coonagh airfield ;), about 30mins if you stick to the limit.

I'd probably recommend SixMileBridge.
    15 mins from Limerick City Centre
    Nice village life.
    Good community spirit.
    Easy commute to Ennis, Shannon Airport, Limerick.
    7 minutes Cratloe Woods and walks, class views of Clare, Limerick, Tipp and Kerry from Gallows Hill.
    There's 7 or so pubs.
    2 minimarkets.
    A Winter Music Festival every January.
    Famous for it's hurling
    etc..

Maybe in a Cessna landing on the Coonagh airfield ;), about 30mins if you stick to the limit.

I'd probably recommend SixMileBridge.
    15 mins from Limerick City Centre
    Nice village life.
    Good community spirit.
    Easy commute to Ennis, Shannon Airport, Limerick.
    7 minutes Cratloe Woods and walks, class views of Clare, Limerick, Tipp and Kerry from Gallows Hill.
    There's 7 or so pubs.
    2 minimarkets.
    A Winter Music Festival every January.
    Famous for it's hurling
    etc..

I work in Raheen, I normally leave my house around 7.20 in the morning and will be at Tesco around 7.40, sticking the speed limit (ish), but I agree re:The Bridge

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

Clareman wrote: »
    I work in Raheen, I normally leave my house around 7.20 in the morning and will be at Tesco around 7.40, sticking the speed limit (ish), but I agree re:The Bridge

I bet you don't stick to the limit at the road works by the Radisson. ;)

Other than that, it's still good going. Just wait until that tunnel is open.

I bet you don't stick to the limit at the road works by the Radisson. ;)

Other than that, it's still good going. Just wait until that tunnel is open.

Oh yeah, forgot about that part.

It takes 25 minutes then ;)

Advertisement