Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

thinking of trading MW2 for battlefield BC 2

• 18-03-2010 3:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭

as it says, any thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,812 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

I wouldnt do it. I havent played much of the levels at one player but it only seems okay. The multiplayer is good and a bit different(kind of a cross between MW2 and far cry, it also lacks a few maps). If you can look beyond the cheats in FFA on MW2 then I think its a way better game online.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭alexlyons

don't play FFA, just ground war mainly. I kinda want a change and the ad seemed incredible! granted they always look better on the ad's...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

id say bad company too, much more fun online, less crap to worry about (perks etc). The squad system is class and really speeds the game up too... almost every game i play is different in some way.. well worth it...

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    I havent played MW2 in months as it was getting plain silly online. If you could actually get into a game it was fully of people cheating or just acting the clown. BC2 is far better in my view, plus their is a pretty decent backlash going online at the moment against MW2.

Thanks all, I actually don't experience any of the above, other than a bit of trouble joining games which is generally due to vodafone's ridiculous ping times.

Anyone know how much I'd be looking at if I was to trade in mw2?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 956 ✭✭✭steve_

Defo go for bad company, its a more open ended game with better game modes better use of classes and more fun all round.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭RAIN

MW can go jump imo! Battlefield is much better. If you play with people you know or a good squad you can then double the fun factor. Amazingly fun in multiplayer.

I got to prestige in MW2 and then left it, too many cheating aholes and its just so damn unbalanced at times. Plus BC2's maps are off the hook and where as MW2 is gna try and charge you 15 quid for 5 maps (2 of which are remakes) next month-BC2 has promised free content and switching up the maps at the end of the month!
    DO IT!!

Also, Steve...248 DOG tags :o !!! Sweeeeet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,911 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Do it im not a massive battlefield fan but it is good and has firmly pushed mw2 into 3rd place for online FPS.

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    I havent played MW2 in months as it was getting plain silly online. If you could actually get into a game it was fully of people cheating or just acting the clown. BC2 is far better in my view, plus their is a pretty decent backlash going online at the moment against MW2.
    Do it im not a massive battlefield fan but it is good and has firmly pushed mw2 into 3rd place for online FPS.

3rd? halo up there i take it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,348 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

I got rid of MW2 for BFBC2 and don't regret it. Bad Company 2 just offers so much more as an online game with much bigger, more expansive maps, real choice in how to play with different roles and vechiles and a much lower dickhead ratio online.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

I got rid of MW2 for BFBC2 and don't regret it. Bad Company 2 just offers so much more as an online game with much bigger, more expansive maps, real choice in how to play with different roles and vechiles and a much lower dickhead ratio online.

+1

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Advertisement

sounds good... i wonder how cheap i can get it on trade in for xbox..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

alexlyons wrote: »
    sounds good... i wonder how cheap i can get it on trade in for xbox..

See the Gamestop thread in Bargain Alerts.

Battlefield 2 is €52.99 in HMV

From my post in that Gamestop thread, I spent €24 and got €52 (trading in Bioshock 2 and Dante's Inferno) in HMV credit.

I traded in Blue Dragon today with no instructions in William St., Limerick.

Between Tuesday and today I bought Mirror's Edge, Strangehold and Blue Dragon for €6.99 each in Game and traded them for 2 Bioshock 2's, and Dante's Inferno.

I then in turned traded these in HMV.

So I spent €36 in total and got €81 in HMV credit back!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,473 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

I saw an ad on the TV today for Battlefield 2 for €39.99 in Xtra Vision

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

+10 for BC2 here too, traded MW2 after playing the BC2 demo and absolutely no regrets. EA/DICE have said they will be releasing free map packs, whereas Activi$ion want 1200 points from you at the end of the month.

Much better game and good fun to boot - but you have to play as part of a team to get real enjoyment out of it :).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Only got this myself today , dabbled with multiplayer fun but I suck at it :(

Single player campaign vs MW2 is a no contest as far as I am concerned.
    BC2 wins hands down, I played MW2 for about 4 hours and never wnet back to it. I was initially put off by the fact that it was squad based but after playing for a bit i realised I need not have been. The squad help more by laying down fire rather than being quicker on the trigger and killing everything in site and thus being a crutch for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,911 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

3rd? halo up there i take it?

Lol that did make me smile ..no its not there at all. I just never got the whole halo thing i understand its good and people like it but it never appealed to me. My top 3 (at the monment)is MAG, Battlefield, MW2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

See the Gamestop thread in Bargain Alerts.

Battlefield 2 is €52.99 in HMV

From my post in that Gamestop thread, I spent €24 and got €52 (trading in Bioshock 2 and Dante's Inferno) in HMV credit.

I tried trading in that mirrors edge in game stop today and they would not touch it with a barge pole.

But not a bad idea getting rid of that MW2 for BF, only that my son plays that MW2 a lot I would trade it in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Lab_Mouse

Played the BC2 demo and thought it was ****.A poor mans MW.

Play TDM on MW2 very rarely seen boosters(maybe 3 times)and as for the glitchers they never really bothered me.Didnt seem to affect my K/D ratio or my enjoyment of the game.I just think people are moany b1tches tbh imho.

EDIT:OP download the demo first anyways rather than goning on other peoles impressions(including my own!!)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

Lab_Mouse wrote: »

LOL you obviously didnt play that demo long enough as it's alot different to MW but most MW people who play it first dont like the fact that bullets have physics in BC2 and dont go in a straight line and theres no killstreaks either :-p

OP the tactical options open to you and the great dynamics that happen when playing BC2 online is miles better than MW. Trade it in you won't regret it and there does be some great boards games going on too :p

Haven't touched my copy of the MW in a LONG time, keep meaning to trade it it at some stage.

Play TDM on MW2 very rarely seen boosters(maybe 3 times)and as for the glitchers they never really bothered me.Didnt seem to affect my K/D ratio or my enjoyment of the game.I just think people are moany b1tches tbh imho.

EDIT:OP download the demo first anyways rather than goning on other peoles impressions(including my own!!)

i cant find the demo... people are saying it was pulled once it was released fully?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭mooman

I wouldn't do anything rash like trade in MW2, the new maps are out tuesday :D Would it not be possible to have them both. BC2 doesnt have a demo on Xbox Live

mooman wrote: »
    I wouldn't do anything rash like trade in MW2, the new maps are out tuesday :D Would it not be possible to have them both. BC2 doesnt have a demo on Xbox Live

ye i was thinking of just getting them and holding on to it.. not sure i could stomach the full price for BC2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

I traded in ff13 against it, only had to pay 15e in gamestop :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

don't play FFA, just ground war mainly. I kinda want a change and the ad seemed incredible! granted they always look better on the ad's...

I mainly played ground war and was getting bored but rencelty started playing more Hardcore, Search and Destroy etc etc and its reignited my interest! Give them a go! A few goes to get used to them!

miju wrote: »
    LOL you obviously didnt play that demo long enough
    I did.And have played the battlefield series on the PC so know well the gameplay is different.But it still doesnt measure up to MW.Which is the reason the CoD franchise is at the top of the pile for FPS shooters and not BF.

And again like i said thats my humble opinion
    @OP sorry didnt relise they had withdrawn the dermo

EDIT:@Miju the tactical side of it only comes into its own when you play with ppl that know what they are at,which more often than not doesnt happen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 370 ✭✭Fallen Buckshot

only fault i can find on mw2 vs bfbc2 is in bf theres no multiplayer off xbox live say a friend or 2 comes over and want to get shooty I have to pop in cod.... or take turns of them bringin down my k/d ratio on BF :cool:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

I did.And have played the battlefield series on the PC so know well the gameplay is different.But it still doesnt measure up to MW.Which is the reason the CoD franchise is at the top of the pile for FPS shooters and not BF.

And again like i said thats my humble opinion

I'll stand corrected so :o
    EDIT:@Miju the tactical side of it only comes into its own when you play with ppl that know what they are at,which more often than not doesnt happen

while thats true you can still by yourself or as part of a squad do alot of tactical stuff to influence the flow of a battle. I dont really find the same true of MW and I've prestiged on MW a few times and never really felt the same dynamic as you do on BF.

But hey different strokes :D

miju wrote: »
    I'll stand corrected so :o

while thats true you can still by yourself or as part of a squad do alot of tactical stuff to influence the flow of a battle. I dont really find the same true of MW and I've prestiged on MW a few times and never really felt the same dynamic as you do on BF.

But hey different strokes :D
    Wasnt tryin to start a row!!:D
    In fairness IF you get the right squad(ideally friends!)it plays a lot better than on your own with a load of randomers.For me the pinnacle of the BF franchise was BF2 on the PC..squad based heaven.

Its a shame that they took down the demo because I think if some players leave MW2 cos of the boosters/glitches and expect the same type of gameplay they are gonna be in for s shock!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

well im with you mij!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

only fault i can find on mw2 vs bfbc2 is in bf theres no multiplayer off xbox live say a friend or 2 comes over and want to get shooty I have to pop in cod.... or take turns of them bringin down my k/d ratio on BF :cool:

THIS! And it's not just split-screen. Why is Halo 3 the only FPS that allows split screen AND system link?

There's a big gathering at a friend's place and we're looking at having 6 XBoxes on the go, but instead of being able to have full on games of 8 on 8 or whatever, we can only do 3 on 3 in either BC2 or MW2 and there's no split screen option at all for BC2.

I *REALLY* hate the way you can only play with your friends if they're at home with their own xbox.

Advertisement