Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

thinking of trading MW2 for battlefield BC 2

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

An article I just read.....

Posted: 2010-03-27, 08:06:53 Post subject: Its official the numbers in BC2 kicking MW2 ass

Study: Bad Company 2 "Permanently Impacted" Modern Warfare 2 Play
    By Mike Sharkey | Mar 24, 2010
    Market research firm DFC Intelligence crunches the online numbers.

StumbleUponRedditFarkEmail Electronic Arts hasn't shied away from going head-to-head with Activision in the battle for online military shooter supremacy. And according to a new report, Battlefield: Bad Company 2 is effectively pulling players from Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 and making them Battlefield converts.

Industry Gamers published the study done by DFC Intelligence, a market research firm that's been covering the videogame industry since 1995. Based on activity on Xbox Live, DFC determined Bad Company 2 "appears to have permanently impacted Modern Warfare 2 play."

DFC looked at gamers that own both Modern Warfare 2 and Bad Company 2 and determined how much time this group of "crossplayers" spent playing each title. In the month before Bad Company 2 was released, crossplayers played Modern Warfare 2 on 36% of possible "play days." The same group played Bad Company 2 on 45% of possible play days from March 2 to March 17.

More time will be needed to make a conclusive judgment on just how big of an impact Bad Company 2 has had on Modern Warfare 2, DFC states, but other data also indicates Bad Company 2 is on the rise. During its first week of release, the game ranked fifth on the Xbox 360's Top Live Titles list. Last week, the game climbed to third behind Modern Warfare 2 and Halo 3.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Lab_Mouse

An article I just read.....

Posted: 2010-03-27, 08:06:53 Post subject: Its official the numbers in BC2 kicking MW2 ass

Study: Bad Company 2 "Permanently Impacted" Modern Warfare 2 Play
    By Mike Sharkey | Mar 24, 2010
    Market research firm DFC Intelligence crunches the online numbers.

StumbleUponRedditFarkEmail Electronic Arts hasn't shied away from going head-to-head with Activision in the battle for online military shooter supremacy. And according to a new report, Battlefield: Bad Company 2 is effectively pulling players from Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 and making them Battlefield converts.

Industry Gamers published the study done by DFC Intelligence, a market research firm that's been covering the videogame industry since 1995. Based on activity on Xbox Live, DFC determined Bad Company 2 "appears to have permanently impacted Modern Warfare 2 play."

DFC looked at gamers that own both Modern Warfare 2 and Bad Company 2 and determined how much time this group of "crossplayers" spent playing each title. In the month before Bad Company 2 was released, crossplayers played Modern Warfare 2 on 36% of possible "play days." The same group played Bad Company 2 on 45% of possible play days from March 2 to March 17.

More time will be needed to make a conclusive judgment on just how big of an impact Bad Company 2 has had on Modern Warfare 2, DFC states, but other data also indicates Bad Company 2 is on the rise. During its first week of release, the game ranked fifth on the Xbox 360's Top Live Titles list. Last week, the game climbed to third behind Modern Warfare 2 and Halo 3.

In fairness how long is MW2 out?Give BF the same amount of time and then compare them.Christ I'm starting to get bored with MW2 that I might give BF a go

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

well I got BC2 for xbox yesterday and loved the hell outa it. My MW2 has gone into full retirment.
    I see on the PC that COD 2 is way ahead of MW2 in terms of mins played on xfire.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Shammy

Picked up bf a few weeks ago, wow , started off playing 4 teams of 4 , on a map that was so big ,i ran around 4 minutes 26 seconds b4 i came across someone, played that mode for a while to give it a chance then i tryed the planting the bomb mode . There are some aspects of the game that are good but for me its a game that promotes camping . I'm sure if some of my mates were on it might be a little better , but they all traded it back in a few days later .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭alexlyons

I've heard the maps are much bigger than MW2... I personally hate big maps in MW2 so I'm not sure I'd like that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭TheMooseInNam

alexlyons wrote: »
    I've heard the maps are much bigger than MW2... I personally hate big maps in MW2 so I'm not sure I'd like that

BC2 is a very different game to MW2. It's based around working as a team with your squad mates, MW2 is more geared towards lone wolf types.

Personally, I find BC2 a much better multiplayer experience, especially with friends. You rely on your squad mates for health, cover fire and planned advancing movements.

The big maps are exceptionally well done, allowing something for every type of gamer style. Choke points for CQB, surrounding hills for sniper/support types and tanks/helicopters for those who like heavy armour.

Advertisement