Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which Irish Unversities recognise gender reassignment.

Options
  • 18-03-2010 4:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭

I've a vague memory of reading a long times ago that trinity college was the first (only?) Irish third level institution to recognise gender reassignment and accept a petition to change the name and gender on a degree. Anyone care to shed some light on this? My own research turned up nothing.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

As far as I know Trinity is the only University with a Transsexual lecturer also, can't say about others and recognition though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭claire h

Gender isn't on the degree certs, surely? Is that what they're hiding in the Latin?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Just took out both of mine and each includes a reference to my gender unless I'm very much mistaken with the translation. From memory they also where ok with changing the name without any hassle.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,018 ✭✭✭shoegirl

Since mine is almost all in Latin and I don't speak Latin, I cannot see where the gender is referred to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭Freiheit

So you have had personal experience with such Boston?. Hope that isn't too personal, just curious.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

With what?

Advertisement