Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upgrading the ruger

Options
  • 18-03-2010 4:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭

I'm looking at tinkering with my ruger 10 22 a little. Specifically I want to get a good quality bull barrel and a laminate stock. Can anyone recommend a place for this? Either a bricks and mortar shop or online info would be great. Recommendations on good barrels to be looking at would also be very welcome.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭Scalachi

Hi Hibron.

been known to do a bit of tinkering with a 10/22 including changing barrells, it can be fun but frustrating :(

i use http://rudefatdog.com in the UK for most parts now, as getting parts from states is much more difficult.

Thing to be careful with depending on the type of shooting you are doing is the weight, most decent 920 barell's will add a bit of weight unless you go down the carbon fibre route..

DB

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭sfakiaman

Interesting article in the Irish Shooters Digest (March edition) on the Kidd target barrel for the Ruger. Barrel is made by Lothar Walther so should be good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭poulo6.5

sfakiaman wrote: »
    Interesting article in the Irish Shooters Digest (March edition) on the Kidd target barrel for the Ruger. Barrel is made by Lothar Walther so should be good.

i read that article and i have to say i'd fancy a 10-22 like that one;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭Hibrion

Thanks lads. Those barrels are for sale on the above website and they look ok. The website doesn't seem to have a conventional order system tho. Some of them are quite short, is there any benefit to a shorter barrel?

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭intershoot

Has anyone got any experience of a Lilja barrel in a 10/22, and if so how do they perform. Its a .9202 x 21" long stainless match barrel at 3lb 9oz.

I'd be grateful for any feedback!

intershoot :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭cavan shooter

Just to let you know rimfire magic from UK will ship to Tannyoky in Poyntzpass then its as simple as a friendly dealer or applying yourself to DOJ. Recently parted with the rem 597 ss for a ruger 10/22 delux sporter.

I| bought this for £320 stg includes the dealer mark up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭cavan shooter

Just to let you know rimfire magic from UK will ship to Tannyoky in Poyntzpass then its as simple as a friendly dealer or applying yourself to DOJ. Recently parted with the rem 597 ss for a ruger 10/22 delux sporter.

I| bought this for £320 stg includes the dealer mark up.

looks nice feels nice and I can tinker:D

Advertisement