Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How much to charge for prints of your work?

• 18-03-2010 4:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭

I've been asked to sell some prints of my photos, the only time I've ever printed for other people was for Gifts for Christmas. They were for family and friends and I obviously didn't charge.

Thing is, i have no idea what to charge for a matte finish print. I've googled about but there's no solid guide, or I haven't found one.

I seen some say €20/€30 for a matte finish 10 x 8, and others say if it's requested, nit just a ready print for sale, they can go for anything up to €500!

What do you guys charge? say someone specifically asks you for a print of one of your pictures. You hadn't advertised them for sale or anything. And they want it signed.

Rough estimate? It will be bigger than 8 x 10, probably 12 x 8 or whatever works best for the image.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

framed? cost of print and frame x3

print? x 3 cost

as a start

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

... And they want it signed.

And following on from another thread ... if they ask you to put your PPS number on it too, its probably the tax man :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

hehe.

This would be non-framed, the buyer is having a frame made for it. 3 x print sounds fair enough, plus P&P - it will be heading to the UK.

reckon it'll cost me about €7 to have matte printed and then to post, so €20 per print is fair enough yeah?

Another question, when signing prints, what kind of pen do you use? that won't smudge or dent the print?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

Sign it with ur blood :D

....or else use felt tip black marker

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭stcstc

use a pigment ink based pen

BUT dont sign on the image

lettraset do some called pro markers or something like that

you can get them in the art and hobby shops

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Sign back of image?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭stcstc

well there are various was

normally if its just a print then the print is done with approx 1inch of paper border, and sign that

another is that if the print is being mounted, that the mount is signed, although quite commoly signed in pencil

Advertisement