Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Contacting the revenue

• 18-03-2010 4:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Hi Guys

Ive been trying to get in touch with the revenue for the last couple of weeks on and off and no one is answering the phones, I have also sent four emails and no joy.

I know that there is a go slow going on but this is a joke, how are other people getting through to them.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 564 ✭✭✭steph1

Perhaps you would be better sending them an email or else writing to them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

It's a joke at the moment.

I got a letter from them- rang the direct line- left three voicemails all unreturned, then got an email saying to get in touch and replied to that email twice and no reply.

They are doing absolutely nothing in there at the moment.

They were bad before but this is a joke.

They are pretty much on strike- If I was the government I'd just stop paying them.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭sflemings

I recently emailed them to see if I was due any tax refund. After a week I got no reply so I emailed again. A week later again I got my cheque in the post but no email reply.
    I wouldn't hold your breath. At least with an email you have written proof that you've sent something to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Dublin Muppet

The phones were off this afternoon and the public office was closed this morning. There is a big backlog in all the regions at the moment and it could be several weeks before they get around to dealing with your query as in most cases post in dealt with in date order

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Ticktactoe

It maybe a case that external emails are been responded to by post only and when the phone embargo(s) are in place, voice messages that are left receive no response...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

There's a phone embargo every Monday afternoon for starters. After that it's a bit random, as dictated by the unions.

I'm surprised at the poor response though - it's certainly not like that in all Revenue departments. I'm pretty sure some people would like to respond but can't be seen to break the industrial action.

Advertisement